- SIZING AND SELECTION TOOLS. // Engineered Systems;Jun2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p55
The article offers brief information on SelectPro software from Belimo.
- Software bits. Starcke, Alice M. // HRMagazine;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p46
Features various computer software used in personnel management. Includes ProSelect from Nardoni Associates Inc.; Lawrence A. Pfaff and Associates' LPA SELECTPro; HirePower from July Software.
- The Functions and Structure of ABC Transporters: Implications for the Design of New Inhibitors of Pgp and MRP1 to Control Multidrug Resistance (MDR). Teodori, E.; Dei, S.; Martelli, C.; Scapecchi, S.; Gualtieri, F. // Current Drug Targets;Jul2006, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p893
Multidrug resistance (MDR) is a kind of acquired resistance of microorganisms and cancer cells to chemotherapic drugs that are characterized by different chemical structure and different mechanism of action. Classic MDR is the consequence of the over-expression of a variety of proteins that...
- Prediction of the three-dimensional structure of serine/threonine protein kinase pto of Solanum lycopersicum by homology modelling. Singh, Salam Pradeep; Vivek, Sarangthem; Bezbaruah, Rajib Lochan; Barooah, Madhumita // Bioinformation;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p212
The resistant gene Pto of Solanum lycopersicum interacts with the avr Pto gene product of the bacterial pathogen Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato to launch a cascade of molecular events that triggers the hypersensitive disease-resistance response in tamato. The paper describes attempts to predict...
- SELECTPro a low-cost system for intelligent interviewing. Meyer, Gary // HR Magazine;Apr98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p52
Evaluates SELECTPro, a computer program for preparing and conducting interviews from Pfaff and Associates. Functions of the program; Recommended features of the program; Equipment requirements; Pricing.
- Improved annotation of antibiotic resistance determinants reveals microbial resistomes cluster by ecology. Gibson, Molly K; Forsberg, Kevin J; Dantas, Gautam // ISME Journal: Multidisciplinary Journal of Microbial Ecology;Jan2015, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p207
Antibiotic resistance is a dire clinical problem with important ecological dimensions. While antibiotic resistance in human pathogens continues to rise at alarming rates, the impact of environmental resistance on human health is still unclear. To investigate the relationship between...
- Selective effect of low protein diets in chronic renal diseases. El Nahas, A.M.; Masters-Thomas, A.; Brady, S.A.; Farrington, K.; Wilkinson, V.; Hilson, A.J.W.; Varghese, Z.; Moorhead, J.F. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);11/17/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6455, p1337
Examines the selective effect of low protein diets in chronic renal diseases. Improvement of renal function after given a low protein diet; Increase of renal vascular resistance in restriction of high protein intake; Determination on the response to a low protein diet in chronic renal failure.
- Proteomic analysis of Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense tropical race 4-inoculated response to Fusarium wilts in the banana root cells. Xingshen Li; Tingting Bai; Yunfeng Li2; Xiaolei Ruan; Huaping Li // Proteome Science;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Background: Fusarium wilt of banana is one of the most destructive diseases in the world. This disease has caused heavy losses in major banana production areas. Except for molecular breeding methods based on plant defense mechanisms, effective methods to control the disease are still lacking....
- Analiza efekata i optimizacija koncentracije organskih kiselina na hemijske i fiziÄke osobine pÅ¡eniÄnog testa primenom metode odzivne povrÅ¡ine i funkcije poÅ¾eljnosti. šimurina, Olivera D.; Filipčev, Bojana V.; Jovanov, Pavle T.; Ikonić, Bojana B.; Simović-šoronja, Dragana M. // Chemical Industry / Hemijska Industrija;2013, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p103
In order to improve physical and chemical properties of dough produced from wheat flour of suboptimal quality (protein content 10.7% dry basis, dough energy 4.0 cm2), optimal doses of ascorbic and citric acid were evaluated using a response surface methodology and desirability function. The...
- Physicochemical evaluation of protein folds predicted by threading. Kinjo, Akira R.; Kidera, Akinori; Nakamura, Haruki; Nishikawa, Ken // European Biophysics Journal;2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
Abstract Protein structure prediction remains an unsolved problem. Since prediction of the native structure seems very difficult, one usually tries to predict the correct fold of a protein. Here the "fold" is defined by the approximate backbone structure of the protein. However, physicochemical...