- Can you pay $10 an hour? THOMPSON, PAMELA KLEIBRINK // Model Retailer;Dec2015, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p16
The article examines the capability of small hobby shops to pay higher than minimum wage rates for new employees, and how it will impact current business practices.
- Malaysia wages on rise. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/27/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p1
The article informs that the furniture manufacturers from Malaysia have find ways and so have taken steps to minimize the impact of an increase in the minimum wage that would come in effect by the end of 2013, announced by the Malaysian government.
- THE BRIEF: Minimum Wage. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2010, Issue 5707, p13
The article reports on the issues concerning the new National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates which are said to affect both the furniture industry and employment in Great Britain.
- BACK CHAT. Shelton, Ben; Tress, Oliver; Moore, Lee; Evans, Bob // Cabinet Maker;11/6/2015, Issue 5956, p34
The article presents feedback from British furniture companies on how their businesses will be affected by the British Government's National Living Wage law when it takes effect in April 2016.
- Retailers disappointed at minimum wage rise. // DIY Week;3/14/2008, p4
The article reports that retailers, who had hoped for an increase in line with inflation, were disappointed with the 4% increase in the National Minimum Wage in Great Britain. This increase was proposed by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the article notes. According to Stephen Robertson,...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;3/24/2006, Issue 5480, p5
The article reports on developments in retail trade in Great Britain. Minimum wage workers have been given 5.9 percent increase. Department store Beale has reported an increase in gross sales for the nine weeks to March 18, 2005. Several U.S.-style business centers are to be established in six...
- Storeopenings. // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p42
Highlights the opening of furniture retail stores in the United States. Retail store opening of two Norwalk Furniture retailers in Maine and Ohio; Installation of an Ekornes Stressless Zone at Arnwine's Home Furnishings; Phoenix unit of Flexsteel Comfort Seating.
- Therapedic honors Miami-area retailers. // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p24
Reports the recognition of furniture retailers by Therapedic International and Therapedic Florida with the Therapedic's President's Award. Sample list of recognized stores; Contribution of the loyalty of retailers to the sales of the company.
- Measuring your store's performance. // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p22
Presents a chart depicting the sales performance of furniture stores in the U.S. in 2002. Estimates on the gross margin percentage of large stores; Percentage of bank cards transaction in medium stores; Prevalence of special orders in small stores.