A TALE OF TWO DEBTORS: BANKRUPTCY DISPARITIES BY RACE
- Mayor Bloomberg, reparations is a healer, not a divider. Barron, Charles // New York Amsterdam News;7/11/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 28, p13
Focuses on the issues associated with the race relation in New York City. Noticeability of the gap between the Whites and the minorities; Criticism on the reparation initiative of Mayor Michael Bloomberg; Details on the root of criticism.
- Law on race inequity. // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the duties imposed by the Race Relations Act 2000 which will oblige public bodies to tackle race equality by preparing and publishing race equality schemes in Great Britain. Action to be taken in response to the underrepresentation of ethnic minorities in the public sector; Reason for...
- Yes, it is a race issue. // New Statesman;12/25/2000, Vol. 129 Issue 4518, p7
Deals with the findings of the survey `British Social Attitudes,' an annual report from the National Centre for Social Research of Great Britain. Attitudes toward minorities; Political party preferred by working-class voters; Discussion on the issue of race discrimination in the country.
- IOM inquiry concludes racial, ethnic disparities in health care persist. Parker, Che // AHA News;3/25/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p3
Discusses a report made by the Institute of Medicine on ethnic disparities in health care in the U.S. as of March 2002. Recommendations to reduce disparities; Views on the issue; Impact of health care disparities on minorities.
- RACIAL INJUSTICE and AMERICAN JUSTICE. D'Alemberte, Talbot // ABA Journal;Aug92, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p58
Reports on racism in the U.S. justice system. Bail decisions based on community ties; Harsher sentences for minorities than for whites convicted of the same offenses; High percentage of minorities and blacks convicted of capital crimes; Lack of legal services for minorities; Minorities'...
- The Best Solution for the Bankruptcy Courts. // American Bar Association Journal;Jul83, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p920
Discusses efforts to revise the bankruptcy court system in the United States. Restructuring of the bankruptcy court as an Article III court; Preservation of congressional discretion to make improvements in the bankruptcy system; Resolution of disputes and legal controversies.
- Congress considers bankruptcy reform. // American Bar Association Journal;Jul77, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p913
Focuses on H.R. 7330, a bill designed to restructure U.S. bankruptcy courts and modernize bankruptcy law. Creation of a system of bankruptcy courts on a constitutional par with district courts; Additional judicial functions of bankruptcy judges who support the bill.
- Sport and Beyond: Ethnic Inequalities in Attainment. Semyonov, Moshe // Sociology of Sport Journal;1984, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p358
This paper challenges the popular argument that sport is an effective channel for upward mobility, especially for ethnic minorities. My study of retired professional soccer players in Israel establishes the following findings: First, members of the subordinate ethnic group are disadvantaged in...
- Debunking Black Reparations. Malkin, Michelle // Human Events;01/22/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on slavery. Reparations sought by Afro-Americans from the United States (U.S.) for slavery; Social and economic conditions of Filipino slaves in the U.S. during World War II.