Is nuclear power the answer to America's energy woes?
- Can It Be Happy Days for Nuclear Power Again? // Business Journal (Central New York);04/20/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p34
Editorial. Weighs the advantages and drawbacks of using nuclear energy to generate electric power in the United States. Other alternative sources of electric power; Emergence of technology that makes generation of electric power from nuclear power plants safer; Impact of the electric industry...
- Act now to keep the lights on. Coupe, George // Engineer (00137758);11/07/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7639, p5
No abstract available.
- Section 8. Nuclear energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jul96, p103
Presents data on nuclear energy generating units in the United States in April 1996. Nuclear power supply; Total electric utility-generated electricity; Number of operable nuclear generating units; Units with construction permits; Net design capacity of units.
- Nuclear power holds steady. // Power Engineering;Apr95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p5
Reports that nuclear power's share of worldwide electricity generation has grown to 26% in 1993, according to the Department of Energy's report `World Nuclear Outlook 1994.' Units used; Capacity.
- Atoms unleashed. Sang, David // New Scientist;1/18/2003, Vol. 177 Issue 2378, p1
Provides information on generation of electricity through nuclear energy. History of commercial nuclear power generation; Nuclear power reactors; Illustration of functions performed by a nuclear power plant; Use of uranium as a fuel in a nuclear power plant.
- Fan Mail. Campbell, R.M. // Progressive;Sep84, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p8
Criticizes 'The Progressive' magazine for its continuous campaign against U.S. nuclear power development despite the increasing demand for electricity.
- Useless nuke-energy majority. Hill, David // Hill;3/3/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p17
The article presents the author's opinion on the Americans' support for using nuclear energy to generate electricity in the U.S.
- Nuclear power reaches the peak. Smock, Bob // Electric Light & Power;May94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p3
Comments on the growth of nuclear power in the United States. Peak of growth of nuclear-powered electricity generation; Decline of nuclear power in 1993; Nuclear power's share of US electricity generation; Efforts to raise nuclear power plant capacity factors.
- Power failure. Coupe, George; Coppinger, Rob // Engineer (00137758);11/07/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7639, p8
No abstract available.