CAPITOL HILL NEWS
- When Will We See an LBS Killer App? Finniear, Lee // Geospatial Solutions;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the components needed to create a killer location-based service (LBS) application. Appropriateness of LBS for mobile data networks, global positioning systems and user handsets; Text messaging capability of mobile phones; Impact of positioning systems in the successful deployment of...
- Extending GPS Capabilities. Poizer, Steve; Todd, Karissa // Wireless Review;05/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Discusses the technologies that solve wireless location problems. Uses of location technology; Network-based solutions; Advantages and disadvantages of handset-based solutions using global positioning systems (GPS); Enhanced GPS (EGPS).
- NOTES. // GPS World;Apr2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p60
Cites developments concerning Global Positioning System (GPS) and wireless communication technologies as of April 2000. Includes highlights of the March 2000 Cellular Telephone Industry Association Wireless show; SiGEM Inc.'s completion of a GPS module employing GPS Wide Area Augmentation...
- GPS, Call Home. Gibbons, Glen // GPS World;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p11
Comments on the need to integrate Global Positioning System into wireless communication systems. Ingenious solutions created by wireless carriers and non-global navigation satellite system technology providers who employ the network infrastructure to provide caller location; Need to provide...
- Adventures in a WIRELESS WORLD. Payne, Bob // Conde Nast Traveler;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p308
Asserts that wireless communications gadgets are on the verge of fundamentally altering the travel experience. Trip to Baltic republics to test the Nokia 9110 Communicator; Use of wireless imaging for shopping and sending postcards; Joint venture between Ericsson AB and Michelin Guides in the...
- Zoltar wins GPS/wireless patent. // Cellular Business;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p10
Reveals that Zoltar Satellite Alarm Systems has received a United States patent covering integration of global positioning systems with wireless communication for personal safety and security devices. Zoltar's effort to form alliances with wireless network operators and equipment suppliers to...
- Mapping's Fun-Filled Future. Kulander, Charles // National Geographic Traveler;Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p34
The article offers information on web-based maps and multitasking mobile phones incorporating global positioning system (GPS), which invites users to record their route coordinates with their mobile devices so that others can follow.
- Effectively Deploy Telematics Test Systems. Thompson, Sean // Instrumentation Newsletter;Feb2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the usability of telemetics test systems for global positioning systems and wireless communications in the United States. Strategies to avoid redundancy in testing telematics components; Considerations in selecting platform core for the system; Evaluation and management of the...
- Does GPS Need To Be Saved? Friedrich, Nancy K. // Microwaves & RF;Jul2011, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p2
The article reviews the article "Falcone Quest" by Bethany McLean, which appeared in the periodical "Vanity Fair" in the July 2011 issue.