Filipinos Fancy Mobile Phones
- Talk is not always cheap. Molony, David // Total Telecom Magazine;May2003, p36
Reports on the market for wireless voice services in Europe. Concept of free voice services; Business strategy of European mobile network operators; Discount in voice services offered by Hutchison 3G.
- Avoiding a costly mistake. Els, Frik // Finance Week;04/20/2001, p32
Examines the status of cellular telephone services industry in South Africa (SA). Primary factor that could help SA avoid business mistakes related to cellular telephony; Reason for the slowdown of the industry's momentum; Telephony services considered as potential income producers.
- Faith-based wireless. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
Comments on the uncertainties facing mobile telephone firms in their ability to recoup their capital expenditures.
- Cell Culture. Lyall, Sarah // New York Times Upfront;12/13/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 6, p6
Deals with the prevalence of cellular telephones in Helsinki, Finland as of December 2002. Percentage of households which own a cellular phone; Information on the normal age in getting a cellular phone.
- Analyst identifies network and interoperability hurdles for 3G. // Electronics Weekly;4/9/2003, Issue 2094, p16
Reports that complexities in network infrastructure and handset interoperability are the main obstacles to third generation mobile implementation, according to the report from Allied Business Intelligence. Predicted launches of mobile networks in the future.
- SMS is first-generation m-commerce. Strand, John // Global Wireless;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the development of premium short message service (SMS) in European wireless communications industry. Services provided by premium SMS; Significance of premium SMS to mobile users; Overview of potential market for premium SMS services in Europe.
- Brands are still wary of mobile. // Marketing (00253650);1/19/2011, p23
In this article, the author discusses the potential market for the mobile communication system industry in Great Britain.
- 3G test is ready . . . and waiting. Quinnell, Richard A. // Test & Measurement World;Apr2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, pC1
Focuses on the deployment of third-generation (3G) cellular service. Standardization of the 3G equipment; Validation of the Anite test by the GSM Certification Forum; Availability of mobile units in tree and tabular combined notation.
- MII tariff plan aims to halt wireless price wars. Chau, Fiona // Wireless Asia;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the issuance of a decree regulating the tariffs that telecom operators can charge their customers in China. Consideration of the decree as a help to curb the introduction of cheaper prices; Impact of the decree on telecom companies; Statement of Helen Zhu, ABN AMRO's telecoms analyst...
- Increasing cell traffic breeds Static. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p22
Discusses the impact of a continued increase in the number of cellular users with the quality of service provided by mobile networks. Effect of interference on cellular systems; Use of smart antennas in cell sites and mobile phones; Increase in the development of spectrum efficiency; Proposal...