WorldLEC Picks Wave Wireless
- Wave wireless launches speedlan wireless products. // LAN Product News;Feb2000, p1
Reports on Wave Wireless Networking's launching of Speedlan 3000 and 6000 for the high-speed wireless bridging market. Provision of the ability to Internet service providers to connect buildings across the street; Features; Price; Contact information.
- Antennas and wireless devices. // Communications News;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p41
Focuses on several antennas and wireless devices. Features of SPEEDLAN 9000 broadband router from Wave Wireless Networking; Information on AirPro DI-764 dual-band wireless router from D-Link; Description of the Optical Bridge 2500, an optical transceiver from Optical Crossing; Antenna system...
- Speedlan spread-spectrum solution. // InfoWorld;11/03/97, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p96
Provides an overview of Wave Wireless Networking's 2.4-GHz Speedlan 10, a wireless internetworking product that uses the spread-spectrum solution. Features; Capabilities; Applications; Testing outcomes; Traditional use of spread-spectrum technology. INSET: Look out below..
- WAVE WIRELESS DEBUTS BROADBAND WIRELESS PLATFORM FOR WAN/LAN. // LAN Product News;Oct2000, p4
Reports the Speedlan 4000 series of broadband wireless platforms for wide and local area networks from Wave Wireless Networking Inc. in Sarasota, Florida. Overview of the products; Evaluation of the Speedlan 4100 multipoint base station and the Speedlan 4200 customer premises equipment; Details...
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.