Spinoffs Seek Whirlwind Of Value
- Sylvan Learning Systems spins off its Sylvan Prometric Division. // Electronic Education Report;10/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the decision of Baltimore, Maryland-based Sylvan Learning Systems Inc. to spin off its Sylvan Prometric testing division.
- Failing to respond to customer demands. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p5
Reveals that most companies are restructuring their workforce according to function rather than customer needs, based on a survey of managers. Reason for workforce restructuring; What the growth in professional service organizations means; Ratio of companies that still use paper-based methods...
- Strategy and Organization. // Henley Manager Update;Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on corporate restructuring. Factors that prompted a company to restructure; When does restructuring improve a company's performance; Three types of restructuring; Information on the three different types of business.
- New life for ailing big firms by cutting them down to size. Hartman, Frank A.; Hill, Robert // Management Review;Jun83, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p17
Discusses the concept of growth through autonomy, a proposed solution that offer ailing U.S. business organizations a way to revitalize themselves, to foster innovation and to encourage entrepreneurship. Break-up of a large organization into the smallest viable units; Spinoff of such units in a...
- Quaker Oats may sell Mexican factory. // Candy Industry;Dec94, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the decision of Quaker Oats Company to sell The La Azteca chocolate factory in Mexico and its European pet foods operations.
- Corporate Bankruptcy and Job Losses Among Top Level Managers . Ang, James S.; Chua, Jess H. // Financial Management (1972);Winter81, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p70
This article presents data that would give indications of job losses among top level managers after bankruptcy. The study shows that preventing liquidation may be the most effective action that managers could take to protect their careers. Although most managers included in this study eventually...
- Snapshot Analysis. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p54
Reports on the 25 largest corporate divestitures in 1998. Trends indicating that mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are running at a much-faster pace than corporate sell-offs; Use of divestitures in corporate restructuring.
- Restructuring. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p52
Provides data concerning corporate restructuring activities in 2000. Equity carve-out initial public offerings; Major spin-offs; Major name changes linked to merger and acquisition and restructuring; Top sell-tenders by dollar value.
- Restructuring. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p52
Presents data on corporate restructuring in 2002. Top initial public offerings; Major name changes linked to mergers and restructuring; Major corporate spinoffs.