Technologies To Watch At CTIA
- Special Issue on 'Intelligent Infrastructure'. Prasad, Ramjee; Ruggieri, Marina // Wireless Personal Communications;May2014, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p121
An introduction is presented in which the authors discuss various papers within the issue selected from the Strategic Workshop held in Marbella, Spain on May 21-23, 2013 that was themed "Intelligent Infrastructure: Technology Innovations for Capitalizing on Efficient Critical Infrastructures."
- Bluetooth vendors promise convenience. Lawson, Stephen; Evers, Joris; Cox, John // Network World;12/17/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p12
Highlights the December 2001 Bluetooth Developers Conference. Speakers' emphasis on the importance of interoperability for the short-range wireless communications technology; Bluetooth products listed on the Bluetooth Qualification Program Web site; Number of companies that support the...
- Wireless I.T.'s Formula For Growth. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p1
Reports that the CTIA Wireless I.T. & Internet 2001 convention has decided to figure a way to succeed and grow where other trade organizations and conventions have failed. Schedule and location of the event; Factor that led to the decision; Details of the strategy.
- Syniverse Partners with Indian Operators to Optimize LTE, Real-Time Intelligence and Wi- Fi Solutions. // WiFi/ WLAN;Sep2012, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p10
The article offers information on a workshop to be conducted by telecommunication service provider Syniverse Technologies Inc. in Gurgaon, India on August 23-24, 2012, which will cover topics like Wi-Fi roaming and long term evolution (LTE).
- I.T. Came From The Wireless 'Net. // Wireless Week;11/08/99, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p12
Presents information on several announcements from industry vendors and carriers at the Wireless I.T. 1999 trade show. Partnership between 3Com Corp. and IPHighway Inc.; Actions taken by Xpress Enterprises Inc.; Introduction of a Web phone portal by Ajaxo Inc.; What GoAmerica Communications...
- Users' voices strong at wireless committee meeting. Policastro, Ellen Fussell // InTech;Feb2009, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p52
The article discusses the highlights of the ISA100 wireless networking standards meeting held in Mountain View, California, in January 2009. It notes that one way to give users the reliability and security they need to buy into decisions is through standards-based technology. Among the issues...
- UNCONVENTIONAL. // Global Telephony;May2001, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p14
Highlights conventions sponsored by the telecommunications industry in March 2001. Increased popularity of online pre-registration and sales of exhibition space at the CTIA Wireless 2001 show held in Las Vegas, Nevada; Number of attendees at the CeBIT trade show in Hannover, Germany.
- Industry Scatters For CTIA, CEDIA Expo, IFA. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/8/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the several industry events including the CTIA's-The Wireless Association Super Mobility Week, Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA) Exposition and Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin (IFA) exhibition that was held in the U.S.
- Wireless I.T. Realities. Smith, Brad; Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/23/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the 2000 Wireless I.T. show held in Santa Clara, California. Implication of the outcome of the show; Criticisms against the show; Speculation on the wireless plan of America Online Inc.