Evolving Lucent's CDPD Network
- Phone home faster. Kren, Laurence // Machine Design;07/08/99, Vol. 71 Issue 13, p48
Reports on an agreement between Lucent Technologies and Epigram Inc. to speed the development of home-networked products. What the agreement includes; Certification of the products by Home Phone Networking Alliance (HomePNA).
- Lucent To Build, Manage Carrier Network. Cholewka, Kathleen // Inter@ctive Week;02/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the contract signed by Lucent Technologies with Jato Communications which includes building and supporting Jato's high-speed data network. Cities in the United States to be served by Jato's service; Comments from Jato President Brian Gast; How Lucent will offer Jato.
- Lucent intros new firewall. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;12/08/97, Vol. 233 Issue 23, p18
Reports on Lucent Technologies' launch of an Internet firewall designed to enable service providers to offer managed firewall services to multiple customers. Target service providers and distributed applications; Interesting features; Design specification.
- Intranets make sharing information easy. Brandwein, Rich; Fryer, Bronwyn // PCWorld;Aug1996, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p35
Reports on Lucent Technologies' use of its corporate intranet computer network. Background on the company's previous corporate network system; Advantages of using the intranet.
- Lucent Broadens Security Portfolio. Phillips, Barry // Business Communications Review;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p60
Evaluates the Lucent Virtual Private Network (VPN) Gateway 80, a VPN and firewall appliance for branch offices, from Lucent Technologies. Key features; How the product works; Advantages of the product.
- Lucent joins home networking crowd. // Electronic News;10/12/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2240, p64
Reports on Lucent Technologies Microelectronics Group's licensing of the Tut Systems HomeRun home networking technology. Plans to market a broad family of communications chips for the home networking market; Indication of the company's commitment to define the next-generation of home phone line...
- Lucent to expand Web-based tech support to entire line. Krill, Paul // InfoWorld;09/06/99, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p10
Details the plan of Lucent Technologies Inc. to expand its Web-based support services for its customers. Purpose of developing the expansion named, eSight; Other companies offering support online.
- Lucent Makes 3G Splash. // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p28
Reports on the third-generation (3G) computer network equipment released by Lucent Technologies Inc. with partner Sun Microsystems Inc. 3G standards used in the devices.
- Lucent looks to the future of networks. Lawson, Stephen // InfoWorld;09/28/98, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p35
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has laid out a vision of a next-generation computer network that will link voice and data infrastructures across a high-bandwidth core. Lucent's compliance with conditions for its spin-off from AT&T; Launch of optical amplifiers that transmit 40 gigabytes...