Cingular Hits Northwest
- GSM breaks 200m mark. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p14
Focuses on the growth of the Global System for Mobile communications market.
- Doubling up on GSM networks. Lefevre, Steven; Brunzell, Ingmar // Telecom Asia;May98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p46
Provides information on the deployment of dual band global system for mobile communication (GSM) systems. Countries that deployed a dual GSM system; Difference between dual band and dual mode; Basic operating mode for dual band mobile phones.
- Microcell reports Wireless Office trial with Ernst & Young. // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p57
Reports on the collaboration of Microcell Connexions and Ernst & Young to deploy and launch a real-world trial of Microcell Wireless Office, a service enabling a company to incorporate Global System for Mobile communications equipment into its existing Internet Protocol-based local area network.
- Growth factors. // Global Telephony;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p16
Reports on developments signifying the expansion of wireless networks worldwide, as of October 1999. Hunan Unicom's expansion of the capacity of its global system for mobile communications (GSM) network; ICOM-Liberia's upgrading of its small AMPS system with an IS-36 based digital cellular...
- Tough times for new GSM operators. Yap, Swee-han // Telecom Asia;Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the challenges faced by operators of global system for mobile communication (GSM) in the Asian region. Growth of wireless communication in Taiwan; Leading mobile operators in Taiwan; Liberalization of the telecommunication market in Thailand.
- U.S. GSM Operators Look For An Image Makeover. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;11/23/98, Vol. 5 Issue 46, pI-11
Focuses on the efforts of United States (US) global systems for mobile communications (GSM) operators to improve their image in the wireless industry. Impact of the rift between US and European wireless communication standards on US GSM operators; Misconception on GSM in the US; Plans of US GSM...
- Telecom Italia deploys Comverse. // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p50
Focuses on European Global System for Mobile communications wireless operator Telecom Italia Group's (TIG) selection of Comverse Network Systems to provide systems enabling messsaging services in the digital wireless network of TIG.
- Third-Generation Wireless: San Diego Sets the Standard. Shahabi, Mehrdad // San Diego Business Journal;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p28
Reports the development of a worldwide access on wireless phone in San Diego, California. Connection of wireless networks through Global System for Mobile Communication; Construction of high data rate wireless infrastructure; Identification of standards for the development of third generation...
- The 3G Harangue. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;11/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p40
Provides information on the global system for mobile (GSM) communications. Number of GSM subscribers worldwide; Two phases of the GSM industry's 2G technology enhancement plans; Major problems facing the GSM industry.