Big Talk Features CTIA's Wheeler
- Form and Structure of Newsgroups Giving Social Support: A Network Approach. Muncer, Steven; Loader, Brian; Burrows, Roger; Pleace, Nicholas; Nettleton, Sarah // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Dec2000, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p1017
Previous research has confirmed that newsgroups offer different forms of social support for their "members". One major distinction which emerged was that between newsgroups that offer more informational support and those that offer a mix of informational and other aspects of social support. In...
- COMPETITION. // Community Care;3/11/2010, Issue 1809, p54
The article presents a contest by the journal in which readers have to answer a question on CareSpace, the journal's online discussion forum.
- A Guide to Discussing 'Ill-Structured Problems' Online. // Online Classroom;Feb2004, p2
Provides tips for students in participating in threaded discussions in online instruction in the U. S. as of February 2004. Effectiveness of an open-ended, ill-structured problem for a discussion prompt; Warning about feedback by Barbara Monroe, assistant professor of English at Washington...
- Internet Connections. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, pGWD7
A summary of an online discussion from the WeldingWeb Internet Forum, found at http://weldingweb.com, is presented which addresses the best equipment for a new welder.
- Comment. // Orange County Business Journal;2/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p79
A cartoon on blogging is presented.
- Breaking down the e-barriers. Silvey, Larry // Aftermarket Business;Oct2002, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p1
Highlights the Aftermarket eForum at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, Illinois. Need for solving the industry's electronic technology barriers; Improvement of customer satisfaction; Use of data and robust technology tools in managing inventories.
- Take Our Online Poll (And Bring Along Your Soapbox). // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;06/24/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p39
Announces the availability of an online poll on the Internet. Opportunity of readers in participating in the discussion; Acceptance of the opinion of everyone; Views of the contractor controversy.
- WEBINAR. // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;Aug2009, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p6
A blog related to the "Aging Gracefully" webinar is discussed.
- What are Newsgroups? Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/27/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p34
Presents information on newsgroups on the Internet, while focusing on how to access the newsgroups. Questions what newsgroups are; Information on how to access newsgroups; What the biggest group of newsgroups is called; How the newsgroups are divided into major categories.