Finest of the Field
- DoCoMo to launch international roaming. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on NTT DoCoMo Inc.'s launching of an international roaming service using the world's first PDC/IS-95 dual-mode phones with Korea's SK Telecom.
- the wireless Tsunami losing momentum? Rao, Madanmohan // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on the challenges faced by Japanese wireless Internet services provider NTT DoCoMo Inc., as it moves into third-generation and global expansion in 2002. Concerns on whether it can replicate its success in Japan, in other countries; Success of the i-mode wireless Internet service,...
- DoCoMo puts i-mode on hold. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the halting of NTT DoCoMo's wireless data service, i-mode. Problems with the service's software, firewall and network connections; Increase in the demand for wireless data; Increase in the number of the service's customers. INSET: Contents under pressure: 10,000 i-mode Web sites and...
- Lessons from Japan. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the third generation (3G) service called 'Freedom of Multimedia Access,' developed by NTT DoCoMo in Japan. Offering of the FOMA devices; Delivery of i-mode content and applications; Nature of the billing system. INSET: FOMA rollout in Japan..
- W-CDMA. Mollman, Steve // Wireless Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p10
Reports the launch of a third generation (3G) terminal network by DoCoMo in Japan. Competitions from KDDI and J-Phones; Market status of 3G handsets; Comparison of 3G network features of several companies.
- iMode strains DoCoMo network. // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p35
Reveals the plan of Japan-based telecommunication firm DoCoMo/NTT Mobile Communications Network to limit its iMode wireless Internet service due to capacity problems.
- NTT consolidating Handyphone biz with cellular unit. // RCR;06/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p5
Reports that NTT DoCoMo, the largest telecommunications company in Japan, is consolidating its Personal Handyphone System business with its cellular phone company. Information on the company's financial status for the 1998 fiscal year; Details on the move by the company.
- DoCoMo expected to revise FOMA subscriber forecast. // RCR Wireless News;9/9/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p18
Unveils the plan of NTT DoCoMo Inc. to revise its forecast for third generation subscribers for the fiscal year in November 2002. Reason behind the plan; Measure taken by the company to promote its FOMA services.
- DOCOMO paves the way for 5G with multielement antenna demo. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Dec2014, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on a live demonstration by mobile operator NTT DOCOMO Inc. on its multi-element antenna/circuit integration technology for fifth-generation (5G) technology in Japan.