TCS Breaks SMS Barrier
- Organization formed to promote instant messaging interoperability. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the formation of the IMUnified coalition by instant messaging companies, telecommunication carriers and Internet service and content providers for the achievement of true instant messaging interoperability among competing platforms.
- Instant Messaging Challenged. // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p30
Deals with the issues that inhibit the growth of instant messaging according to research firm IDC. Suggestions to wireless carriers; Possible solution to inputting text easier.
- IBM enters wireless instant messaging arena. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p28
Focuses on the plan of IBM Corp. to add instant messaging (IM) service to its wireless communication businesses. Features of the Sametime Everyplace 1.0 product of IBM; How the product works; Wireless companies which are planning to launch their own IM technologies.
- Company hopes to reach deaf community with wireless messaging. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p8
Announces reachNET of Baltimore, Maryland's introduction of a wireless messaging solution that provides a direct connection between a wireless device and the telephone teletype machines commonly used by the deaf and hard-of-hearing community. Services offered by Wireless TTY; Features include...
- OracleMobile extends portal to two-way pagers. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p2
Announces that OracleMobile has added support for two-way wireless messaging devices to its OracleMobile.com wireless Internet portal service, which Metrocall Inc. and Research In Motion Ltd. both agreed to make available to their messaging customers.
- WIRELESS IM PRODUCT FACES HURDLES. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 25, p28
Focuses on the Sametime Everyplace, a wireless instant messaging technology introduced by Lotus Development. Advantages and disadvantages of the technology; Views of wireless industry leaders on the limitations of using wireless messaging; Telecommunication companies which are selling the...
- Growth Spurt Predicted For Fledgling IM. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the predicted growth of instant messaging (IM) service in wireless telephones in the United States. Number of users of IM; Forecasted sales of wireless handsets for 2002; Information on the IM service of Go2 Systems Inc.; Other companies that plan to offer the service.
- Two-way Devices Win Exposure. Mickelson, Aleah // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p26
Focuses on the marketing, promotions and advertising campaigns for two-way wireless messaging devices in the United States. Promotion of SkyTel for its eChat; Information on the Web site launched by Metrocall Inc. for the marketing of its services; Details on the offering of Arch Wireless.
- Multimedia messaging service alliance formed. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;6/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p27
Focuses on the alliance of a group of seven network infrastructure and software systems developers to explain and promote multimedia messaging service (MMS). Participants of the alliance; Features of the MMS; Information on the enhanced messaging service, a service which uses artistic features...
- Paging Message Processor. // Network Dictionary;2007, p364
A reference entry for the term "paging message processor" is presented. In the context of wireless communication system, this refers to a Radio Paging Terminal or to an equivalent message processing system.