Kyocera Replaces Handsets
- Voice Power! Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;3/19/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p50
Comments on the voice recognition add-on service feature of wireless telephone from Qwest Communications International Wireless. Description of the technology; Topics provided by the browser; Features lacking the service.
- Virgin Mobile Slider Sonic cellphone. McCarthy, Shannon // Sound & Vision;Dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p97
Evaluates the Virgin Mobile Slider Sonic cellular telephone from Kyocera-Wireless. Features; Calling plan offered by Virgin Mobile for the phone; Price.
- Kyocera Selling Connectivity Kit. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/04/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p64
Announces the availability of an enhanced data-connectivity accessory for Kyocera CDMA digital wireless phones from Kyocera Wireless Corp.
- Worth noting. Milne, Sue; Stafford, Phil // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/27/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6107, p13
Quotes the comment of a cancer specialist regarding dismissal of a study linking mobile telephone use with brain tumors. Assertion that car accidents are a greater risk.
- Untitled. Pappas, Ben // Self;Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p59
Presents tips on how to minimize oneself from radiation exposure in using wireless cellular phones. Use of an earpiece or headset; Making calls when in a good signal.
- New study links cancer to phones. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Cites a study conducted in Australia which found that rodents exposed to wireless phone radiation, can develop cancer. Potential health risks of wireless phones; Publication of the study; Views of Michael Repacholi, director of the World Health Orgnization's field research program; Assessment of...
- Are cordless phones harmful? Bowling, Milt // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2003, Issue 253, p41
Investigates whether cordless phones are potentially harmful as cell phones. Studies regarding the health effects of cordless phones; Comparison between signal length of cordless phones and cell phones; Health problems associated with the long-term use of cordless phones.
- INHS plans to expand telemedicine network. Harrell, Lisa // Journal of Business (10756124);10/26/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 22, pA3
Reports that Northwest TeleHealth will receive a grant from Qwest Communications International Inc. to expand the telemedicine network of Northwest TeleHealth. Terms of agreement; Benefits from telemedicine; Communities that will be included in the telemedicine network.
- THE LOWDOWN ON CELL PHONES. Horn, Clare; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p33
Focuses on the strategies to avoid the possible adverse effect of cellular and wireless telephones on health. Importance of minimizing talk time to reduce radiation exposure; Limits on using telephones in rural areas.