- The wireless messaging revolution: Changing the way we do business. Brumfield, Nancy // American Salesman;Nov94, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p12
Presents the increasing role of wireless communication systems in sales transactions. Growth in the wireless industry; Examples of wireless communication equipments; Description of equipment features and functions; Technological improvements.
- Paging's midlife crisis. Jensen, Ellen // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p96
Focuses on the paging industry. Challenges being faced by the industry; List of paging companies that are operating profitably; How paging affects customers of communication systems.
- 2-Way Paging Faces Crowded Market. Diegel, Steven // Wireless Review;10/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p8
Provides information on the 2-way paging industry in the United States. Potential recurrence of the problems in the 1-way paging market; Factors which should help prevent a lapse back to price wars in the industry; Analysts' predictions on the industry.
- 20 Years of TOP 20. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001 Supplement, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p45
Lists some of the top wireless and paging carriers from 1986 to 2001. List of the top 20 wireless carriers from 1987 to 2001; List of the top 20 paging carriers from 1986 to 2001.
- Paging and messaging technologies: Versatile wireless workhorses. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;07/20/98, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p61
Focuses on applications of paging and messaging technologies in wireless communication systems. Preparations of the industry to roll-out multimedia, multi-megabit wireless technologies; Growth of interest in embedding paging and messaging capabilities within other products; Cost-effectiveness.
- Focus on design for embedded paging. // Electronic Design;07/20/98, Vol. 46 Issue 17, p64
Focuses on the system architecture for embedded paging. Use of analog decoders; Evolution of technology used in embedded paging.
- WAP: Where are the pagers? Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p17
Discusses the benefits of the wireless application protocol technology to paging devices and networks.
- Cambridge Consultants to Develop Next-generation Terminals. Mumford, Richard // Microwave Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p39
The article reports on the appointment of Cambridge Consultants Inc. as a strategic wireless technology development consultant by Iridium Satellite LLC. The consultancy has assembled a multi-disciplinary engineering team with expertise in satellite communications to work on the multi-million...
- Iridium offers technology to FAA for surveillance use. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;10/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p25
Reports on a proposal submitted by Iridium Satellite LLC with the United States Federal Aviation Administration for real-time airline cockpit voice and flight data monitoring utilizing its 66 low-earth-orbit satellites. Terms under the proposal; Impact of the system on airline safety;...