Palm Extends Its Reach
- Palm, Extended Systems break off engagement. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p2
Reports that Palm Inc. and Extended Systems Inc. have ended their proposed merger agreement. Reason for the move; Stock price of both companies since the merger was announced on March 6, 2001.
- Extended Systems says consider long-term value of Palm deal. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p29
Reports the status of the planned acquisition of Extended Systems by Palm Inc. in the United States as of April 2001. Impact of the stock price of Palm on its acquisition plan for Extended Systems; Amount of revenue of Extended Systems as of December 31, 2000.
- It's buyer's market in wireless data space. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Reports on the merger activities of Openwave Systems Inc. and Extended Systems in the wireless data industry. Information on a survey from merger-and-acquisition advisory firm Kuhn Capital; Buying moves of Openwave; Acquisition moves of Extended Systems.
- Palm pays $11M for Be. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p20
Discusses the acquisition of the intellectual property and technology assets of Be Inc. by Palm Inc. Background of Be; Importance of the acquisition to Palm; Efforts of Palm to improve its computer operating systems business.
- Palm-Handspring May Be in Better Position in Academic Market. // Electronic Education Report;7/11/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the merger between Palm Inc. and Handspring in California. Objective of the merger; Disclosure of the proposed merger on June 2003; Benefits from the merger.
- Palm to buy ThinAirApps. // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p17
Reports that Palm Inc. will acquire long-time partner ThinAirApps Incorporated. What Palm hopes from the move; What the Solutions Group of Palm will gain from the transaction.
- Palm, ThinAirApps take on enterprise. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;12/17/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p12
Reports the acquisition of ThinAirApps Inc. by Palm Inc. in the United States. Impact of the acquisition on the wireless strategies of Palm; Failure of Palm to buy Extended Systems Inc.; Services offered by ThinAirApps Inc.
- Palm buys firm to boost applications access for handhelds. Niccolai, James // Network World;03/12/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p18
Reports on Palm Computing Co.'s acquisition of Extended Systems aimed at making enterprise applications more accessible from handheld computers. Effort by Palm to extend the popularity of its devices beyond individual users and into large corporate accounts; Firm's strategy to boost the...
- Palm Pulls Back Enterprise Efforts. // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p6
Reports that the handheld device maker Palm Inc. has terminated its planned acquisition of Extended Systems Incorporated. Reason for the decision; Why Palm Inc. is interested in Extended Systems Inc.; Information on Extended.