'Gotcha' Is Gone: Understanding the New, Simplified Minimum Distribution Rules, Part I
- Retirement Planning: New Numbers. Blackman, Irving L.; Whitlock, Brian // Modern Machine Shop;May2002, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p36
Presents information on regulations proposed by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for all qualified plans and individual retirement accounts, collectively known as PLANS. Benefits of the regulations; Provisions of the regulations; Strategies to increase the dollar value distributed by PLANS.
- For 2013, IRS Raises 401(k) Retirement and Pension Plan Limits. Miller, Stephen // HR Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in October 2012 that it has adjusted its dollar limits for 401(k) retirement and pension plans according to cost-of-living increases, and outlines the changes, which will take effect on January 1, 2013/
- Flip-Flop. Slott, Ed // Financial Planning;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p80
The article tackles a provision in the Pension Protection Act of 2006 (PPA 2006) that would permit the non-spouse beneficiaries of company retirement plans to do direct transfers from the plans to property titled inherited individual retirement account (IRA). The aim of the provision was to give...
- IRS approves rollover from conduit IRA. Chandler, Darlene // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/9/95, Vol. 99 Issue 41, p17
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued a private letter ruling with potential benefits to individuals who have received a qualified plan distribution and rolled the funds into an IRA. Preserving the client's future retirement planning options; Benefits of the availability of...
- Taxpayers get more time to contribute to IRAs in 2012. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/2/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p18
The article focuses on the ten things that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) wants people to know about setting aside money for the traditional Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs).
- IRS unifies retirement plan correction programs. Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;May98, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p41
Presents information on the revenue procedure 98-22 issued by the United States Internal Revenue Service pertaining to retirement plans. Provisions of the revenue procedure; Satisfying of the requirements of Section 401(a) or Section 402(a). What the system permits; Previous establishment of...
- Pension/IRA Periodic Distribution Break. // Practical Accountant;Dec2002, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the issuance of Rev. Rul. 2002-62 by the US Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Preservation of retirement savings among taxpayers; Methods for calculating equal periodic payments; Components of the retirement plan.
- IRS Establishes System for Voluntary Closing Agreements. // Plan Advisor News;2013, p70
The article reports that voluntary closing agreement requests can now be submitted by retirement plan sponsors to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Employee Plans Voluntary Compliance function.
- Don't Leave the IRS Hanging on Voluntary Corrections. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p38
The article reports on the Voluntary Correction Program (VCP) compliance process of the U.S. Internal Revenue Services (IRS) for retirement plan sponsors.