Tips for Tech Tools
- Going Wireless. Ruiz, John // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on methods of enhancing the reliability of wireless communication networks in buildings. It talks about in-building wireless distribution systems which distribute wireless signals throughout a building and connect them to outdoor cellular networks or enterprise information...
- Junior achievers. Rae-Dupree, Janet // U.S. News & World Report;4/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p55
Reviews combination cellular telephones and personal digital assistants (PDA). Kyocera's QCP 6035; Samsung's SPH-I300; Handspring's Treo 180; Advantages and disadvantages to the devices.
- Sprint PCS Vision Treo 650 cellphone. McCarthy, Shannon // Sound & Vision;Dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p101
Evaluates the Sprint PCS Vision Treo 650 cellular telephone. Price; Advantages; Features.
- Risk exposure. Ford, Tracy // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p12
Points out the importance of ascertaining the level of exposure risks of various commercial products. Statements issued by BP Amoco, Chevron and Exxon that electronic devices such as cellular phones should be turned off when pumping gas because such devices could spark a fire; Telephone...
- BEST OF THE BEST. // Money (Australia Edition);Dec2004, Issue 12, p108
Presents information on several products perceived to be worth spending. Gadgets; Automobiles; Mobile telephones; Books.
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;5/23/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p22
Presents data related to the cellular telephone services industry as of May 19, 2005. Price of stocks of companies in the industry; Top 10 selling cellular telephones; Top 10 selling personal digital assistants and smart cellular telephones.
- MYRIAD COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES. // CRN;7/25/2005, Issue 1156, p43
This section presents results of a public opinion poll related to deployment of a dual-mode wireless/wireline solution. 42% of the voters were in the favor of PDAs with softphone capabilities that could be bought from preferred PDA manufacturer. 40% favored cell phones provided by cellular...
- Cooking lessons. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p10
Comments on ideas in the U.S. cellular telephone services industry that failed to succeed. Status of the personal digital assistant device market; Failure of the Bluetooth technology to become popular; Plan to offer MCI contract to build a cellular telephone system in Iraq.
- Conclusion. // Finance Week;1/29/2004, p42
Comments on the competition in the cellphone-personal digital assistant (PDA) market. Success of Microsoft's Pocket PC PDA operating system in outselling market pioneer Palm OS; Nokia's leadership in the pure play cellphone space; Success of Samsung in surpassing market share of market leaders...