Insurers Regain Ground as Tech Stocks Continue to Plunge
- Mortgage and Bond Insurers. Berry, Kate // American Banker;7/10/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 132, p7
The article reports on the financial health of U.S. mortgage and bond insurers. The author provides information on the efforts of bond insurer Ambac Financial Group to increase its capital and ratings. The article also reports on the ratings of mortgage insurers Triad Guaranty Insurance and...
- California Power Claims Possible. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p25
Deals with insurance companies in California which are exposed to financial guaranty claims arising from defaults on the bonds of Southern California Edison and Pacific Gas & Electric Co. Insurance claims expected by MBIA Inc.; Information on Ambac Financial Group Inc.; Exposure of ACE Financial...
- MBIA and Ambac Go Separate Ways in European Insurance Industry. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30855, p30
Reports that the MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. will no longer work jointly to develop and land financial guaranty insurance business in Europe. Growing maturity of the market in Europe; Development of the international bond insurance market.
- Mixed Bag For Bond Insurers. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p1
The article reports some updates of various bond insurers in the U.S. MBIA Inc. asked Fitch Ratings Ltd. to remove its insurer financial strength rating on its subsidiaries including MBIA Insurance Corp. Fitch has lowered the insurer financial strength rating of CIFG Guanraty reflecting concerns...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p5
The article presents the top 10 electronic-mailed stories related to bonds in the U.S. as of January 16, 2009. Bond insurers Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. have been hoping capital injections. The Internal Revenue Service is indicated to use the information submitted by tax-exempt...
- Bond Insurers: MBIA, Ambac Stocks Picked Up the Pace Late in 2001. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p6
Reports on an increase in stock prices of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. Corporate profile of both the companies; Corporate profit of Ambac for the fourth quarter of the year 2001; Ratings given to the stock companies by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- MBIA, Ambac Stocks Slide in September. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p6
Focuses on the decline in the stock value for publicly traded bonds of MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. Factors affecting bond insurance stocks; Percentage lost by MBIA; Buy rating of bond insurers.
- Report: Issuance Spurt Could Boost Insurance. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p7
Reports that growth in issuance of domestic municipal bonds in 2001 could make bond insurance a more visible market, according to a report from Banc of America Securities equity analyst Robert Ryan. Availability of attractive growth and return opportunities to insurers in the asset-backed and...
- Document: Everspan Launch Nearing. HERMAN, JACK // Bond Buyer;2/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33067, p1
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc. is getting closer to its launch of municipal-only bond insurer Everspan Financial Guaranty Corp., as evident from a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's document. Ambac has given its presentations to the rating agencies for the final...