- Moody's raises Kentucky school debt in wake of state's upgrade. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p4
Reports on the upgrade of Kentucky's school debt by Moody's Investors Service Corp. Increase of the rating of the state's school district enhancement program.
- Despite high marks, concerns over Vermont's school funding remain. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/31/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30362, p40
Reports on ratings given by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's and Fitch IBCA to Vermont's $59.3 million general school refunding bonds. Factors considered in rating the deal; Vermont's fund surplus; Centralization of school funding and redistribution.
- Enhanced School Debt Gets Boost. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's upgrading of school bonds backed by state credit enhancement programs in six American states. Factors contributing to the rating upgrades; Stability of state aid for the programs; Growth of total aid issue to schools from 1991 to 1999.
- Jefferson County, Colo., schools downgraded. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p3
Reports on the downgrade of Jefferson County, Colorado, School District R1 general obligation bonds on October 7, 1999. Operating deficits of the school district; Negative outlook for the bonds.
- Georgia Academy Nosedives From Triple-B to Double-C. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/16/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33715, p16
The article reports that the investment-grade rating of Fulton Science Academy Inc. of Bradenton, Florida has dropped from BBB to CC in May 2012, less than seven months after it has issued the 19 million dollars of binds.
- Fitch: Texas School Districts Should Weather Tax Revenue Drop. // Bondbuyer.com;11/10/2015, p1
A decline in Texas school district revenue streams of approximately $1.2 billion per biennium should not affect their bond ratings, Fitch Ratings says.
- Say Aaa: Texas School Fund Stays Strong Even as It Nears Capacity. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p1
Reports on the capacity of the Texas Permanent School Fund (PSF) to guarantee school district debt in the state. Stability of the bond rating; Consideration of implementing further strictures on the access to the PSF's triple-A guarantee; Limitation of the credit enhancer.
- Moody's Downgrade Ratio Looks Bad for Illinois Schools in '04. Carvin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p5
Reports on the prevalence of state schools with downgrade bond ratings by Moody's Investor Service in Illinois. Total number of downgraded schools as of 2003; Impetus to the decline in ratings; Incapacity of the schools to maintain a working cash fund.
- Good Rating News for 12. Shields, Yvett // Bond Buyer;7/14/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33349, p9
The article reports on the bond ratings assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to 12 school districts and municipalities in Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska and Ohio.