Congress Considers New Way to Fight Fraud
- Small-Business Bill Advances Over Tarp Gripes. Hopkins, Cheyenne // American Banker;5/20/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 78, p3
The author reports that the U.S. House Financial Services Committee has approved a bill that would institute a 30 billion dollar fund to facilitate small-business lending.
- HOUSE HEARING ON RESPA RULE. // Mortgage Banking;Apr2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the testimonies presented before the House Financial Service Committee's Subcommittee on Housing and Community Opportunity. Support of the real estate industry on the Department of Housing's proposed rule to modernize regulations implementing the Real Estate Settlement Procedures...
- Bill Summary. // Congressional Digest;Jan2010, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p8
A summary is presented of H. R. 3126, the Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act (Title IV of H. R. 4173, the Wall Street Reform and Protection Act) prepared by the House Financial Services Committee.
- House Committee Votes for Savings Institution Bill; Revenue Bond Bill Gains Support. Miles, Thomas W. // Banking;Jan68, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the vote of the U.S. House Banking and Currency Committee to the Federal Savings Institution Bill H.R. 13718. Objective of rewriting the bill; Amendments that were considered in the mark-up session; Provisions of the legislation.
- Insurance Weighs Heavily On Agenda Of House Financial Services Panel. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/10/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p41
Reports on the plan of the U.S. House of Representatives' Financial Services Committee to examine insurance-related issues. Insurance insolvency program; Measures to promote uniformity in agent licensing; Proposals for modernizing insurance regulation; State consumer protection.
- Panel Sets Hearing on Web Gambling. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;6/6/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 108, p3
The article offers information on the United States House Financial Services Committee meeting on June 8, 2007.
- House Panel OKs Bill Establishing HUD Brownfields Loan Program. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p5
Reports that the House Financial Services Committee in the U.S. approved a bill that would provide several million dollars to the Department of Housing and Urban Development to provide grants to localities and tribal governments and establish a revolving loan fund program for the redevelopment...
- House Likely to Cancel Dodd-Frank Salary Reporting Provision. // Strategic Finance;Aug2011, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p18
The article reports that the U.S. House Financial Services Committee has passed a measure that would repeal a provision of the Dodd-Frank financial regulatory-reform bill concerning mandatory corporate disclosure of a firm's median salary and the salary of its chief executive officer.
- HOUSE PROPOSES FINANCIAL REFORM. // Banking;Mar76, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the Financial Institutions Subcommittee of the U.S. House Banking, Currency and Housing Committee has released a working paper to provide the basis for comprehensive financial reform legislation.