Panel Gives Calif. Attorneys $638M for Tobacco Case Work
- Will tobacco-settlement bonds soon be a hot investment? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30597, p1
Looks into the attractiveness of tobacco-settlement bonds in the United States as investments. RJR Nabisco Holding Corp.'s spinoff of its international tobacco holdings; Optimism of investment bankers and analysts that the market will conclude that the tobacco settlement bonds pose reasonable...
- Prudential report stirs controversy. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30598, p1
Focuses on Prudential Securities Inc.'s research on the 46-state settlement with four tobacco companies in the United States. Issues raised by the findings on New York City's plans to sell bonds backed by payments from the settlement; Criticisms on the timing of the report's release; Potential...
- Oregon picks team for tobacco deal. Marois, Michael B.; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p1
Reports on the selection of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter as the book runner for the bond securitization for the out of court settlement given to the state of Oregon by the tobacco industry.
- Bond Deal Securitizing Legal Fees from Tobacco Settlements Should Fire a Boom. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/22/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on a bond deal that securitizes the spoils from lawyers who won the landmark 1998 tobacco legal settlement in the United States. Catalyst for an expected multibillion dollar issuance boom of tobacco-related deals; First-ever taxable bond offering to emerge from the legal settlement;...
- An arbitrator's award. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Apr1973, Vol. 83 Issue 956, p116
Presents cases showing that a wrong decision on a point of law by an arbitrator does not make the award invalid. Need for the wrongly-decided case to be brought to a higher court; Need for the arbitrator to fully consider and reject the contention.
- Things They Didn't Tell You About Contractual Arbitration. Davis, Jay R.; Gold, Michael A.; Sedor, Dan P. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 104, p80
Focuses on contractual arbitration in United States. Benefits from arbitration; Minimum credentials that the arbitrator must possess.
- ARBITRATION BECOMES POPULAR. // Warsaw Voice;Dec2012, Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the popularity of arbitration in dispute settlement, particularly at the Court of Arbitration of the Polish Chamber of Commerce.
- Responding to the Tactic of No Settlement Authority at Mediation. Krivis, Jeffrey // Commercial Law Bulletin;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the tactics used in case settlement and mediation. How to recognize the lack of authority tactic in the negotiation; Overcoming the the tactics of parties to a settlement.
- Ethical standards for mediation set. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Sep94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the drafting of the Standards for Conduct for Mediators by the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution (SPIDR). Strengthening of the public's confidence in arbitration as an alternative to...