- Ex USDA execs form advisory. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the formation of a nonprofit educational consulting organization called InterActive Resource Solutions in California by retired food professionals. Appointment of John R. Kragh as president and chief executive officer; Names of other officers.
- Metropolitan Development Association turns 40, draws criticism. Harting // Business Journal (Central New York);11/5/99, Vol. 13 Issue 44, p26
Features Metropolitan Development Association, New York's nonprofit organization as it celebrates its 40th year in service. Vision and objectives; Founding members; List of public and private works; History of the organization; Association's other nonprofit organizations; Plans for the future.
- THE OTHER NONPROFITS. Higgins, Bill // Daily Variety;11/10/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 26, pA4
Lists several entertainment industry-related nonprofit organizations in the United States. Supreme Master Ching Hai International Entertainment; National Sex Worker Foundation for Art Culture and Education; Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame; Ladies Advocating Christian Entertainment; Chicks...
- Help and Home At the Hope House. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;03/14/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p7
Features the Hope House, a nonprofit organization in New Jersey which has a variety of programs ranging from parenting skills to substance abuse awareness. Start of Hope House in 1971 as a counseling facility; Concern on the effect of mergers on corporate donations.
- Largest nonprofits. Hillyer, Deborah W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
Presents a graph of the largest nonprofit organizations in Cleveland, Ohio as of 2002. Percentage income of Eliza Jennings Group allocated to program services; Top local executive of Oriana House Inc.; Total revenue of Bridgeway Inc.
- Easter Seals may quadruple in size after merger, potential acquisition. Serwach, Joseph // Crain's Detroit Business;04/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p20
Reports on developments related to nonprofit organizations in and around Detroit, Michigan, as of April 10, 2000. Includes the Easter Seals of Southeastern Michigan's plan to acquire mental health clinics in Oakland County, Michigan.
- A World of Diversity. Wing Keung, Jason Lau; DeGraf, Don // Camping Magazine;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p20
Provides information on the inclusive program of TREATS, a non-profit organization in Hong Kong, China. Benefits of inclusive programs; Mission of the organization; Strategies in developing the program.
- New York area's largest nonprofits. Lopez, Denise // Crain's New York Business;2000 Book of Lists, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p24
Ranks nonprofit organizations in New York State by total operating budget for 1998. Includes UJA-Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York Inc.; March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation; Metropolitan Opera Association Inc.
- New York Area's Largest Nonprofits. Lopez, Denise // Crain's New York Business;2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p72
Presents a table and graphs of New York's largest nonprofit organizations, ranked by 1999 total operating budget. UJA-Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York Inc.; New York Blood Center Inc.; March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation; Metropolitan Opera Association Inc.