TeleCorp Introduces Two-Way
- Algeria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/20/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p12
Focuses on the plans by the government to set up a global standard for mobiles system in Algeria. Supply by Finland's Nokia of analog mobile telephone system in 1989; Negotiations by Egypt's Orascom Telecom to act as an operator; Wariness by international operators unless economic stability is...
- Silence is golden. Howard, Lucy; O'Donnell, Paul // Newsweek;7/20/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 3, p8
Mentions Japanese government guidelines for use of jamming devices to block cell phone calls in public places. Interruptions in concert halls and restaurants; Concern about the impact on pacemakers and doctors' beepers.
- Siemens Launches S40 Phone. // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p8
Deals with the launch of the S40 telephone from Siemens announcing the return of the company from the United States wireless market. Target market of the triple-band telephone; Manufacturer of the telephone in the United States.
- Phone Frisking. Sullum, Jacob // Hit & Run;12/18/2011, p32
The article reports on a bill that would require judicial authorization for examining a suspect's mobile phone in the U.S.
- Motorola Rolls Out Industry's 1st iDEN/GSM Phone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p23
Reports introduction of iDEN and global system for mobile communications world telephone by Motorola. Coverage and operations of the telephone service; Nextel as first iDEN carrier to offer i2000 telephone; Information on Nextel Worldwide calling plan.
- Talk of the town. Croal, N'Gai; Rambler, Mark // Newsweek;9/15/1997, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p11
Presents the Telenium phone from Panasonic. Telenium as a cordless and cellular phone combination; How the phone works.
- Telecorp PCS to introduce Two-Way Short Messaging Service. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;3/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p23
Reports that TeleCorp PCS Inc. launched its two-way Sunburst short messaging service in Puerto Rico. Key features of the company's short messaging service; Pros and cons of the service for consumers; Other target markets for the service.
- TeleCorp closes financing. // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p15
Reports that with a group of financial institutions led by Chase Securities Inc., TD Securities (USA) Inc. and Bankers Trust Company, TeleCorp PCS Inc announced it closed a deal that will give it $525 million in senior credit facilities. Comments from Gerald T. Vento, chief executive officer of...
- TeleCorp PCS Pre-Announces Net Additions. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p14
Reports on the subscriber growth of telecommunication company TeleCorp PCS for the second quarter of 2001. Percentage increase from the first quarter; Effort of the company to focus on increasing its postpaid subscribers.