- ParkerVision, PrairieComm partner on chips. // RCR Wireless News;3/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the partnership of ParkerVision Inc. and PrairieComm Inc. to develop advanced chipsets and reference designs for cellular handsets and other wireless devices.
- News. // RCR Wireless News;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p6
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of September 2004. Launch of the CDMA2000 1x EV-DO technology from Nortel Networks Ltd. by wireless operator Smartcom to boost its wireless network capacity and expand its multimedia service offerings in Santiago, Chile; Multimedia...
- Competitors accuse Smartcom PCS of anti-competitive pricing. Alfie, Alejandro // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the complaint filed by BellSouth against Smartcom PCS in Argentina for anti-competitive pricing. Information on the complaint; Reaction of Smartcom PCS to the allegation.
- Leap announces Chilean branding strategy. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p31
Reports on Leap Wireless International Inc.'s branding strategy for its Chilean operating company. Buy-out of former Chilesat PCS partner, long-distance carrier Telex-Chile; Renaming of the company as Smartcom PCS; Growth opportunities in Chile; Leap as a spinoff of Qualcomm Inc.
- Nortel, SMARTCOM PCS complete CDMA2000 1x call. // RCR Wireless News;12/3/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p28
Reports on the partnership of Nortel Networks and SMARTCOM PCS. Purpose of the partnership.
- Smartcom chooses ADC solution. // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p8
Reports that ADC Telecommunications Inc. will provide its Metrica/NPR network performance solution to Chilean personal communications services operator Smartcom.
- Wireless '99 Handset Chip Roundup. PUTSCHER, JOYCE // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p12
Offers information on several microchip products for wireless telephone systems. Code division multiple access (CDMA) baseband processor from LSI Logic Corp.; Solutions offered by VLSI Technology Inc. for both CDMA and GSM; Digital cellular and personal communication system provided by Prairie...
- PARKERVISION UNVEILS PHONES TESTED/ACCEPTED BY CUSTOMER. // Electro Manufacturing;Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the successful sample testing of 3G mobile handsets from ParkerVision Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida. The operational performance of the device incorporating with d2p and d2d radio frequency integrated circuits has verified and accepted by the chipset customer who was the...
- Latin carriers take 3G plunge. V�squez, Daniela; Castillo, Ricardo // America's Network;5/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on developments in the telecommunication industry in Latin America as of May 2002. Information on the General Packet Radio Service launched by Entel PCS; Plan of SmartCom PCS to launch a code division multiple access (CDMA) 1XRTT platform; Details of the CDMA2000 wireless network being...