Site Of The Week
- Esperant gets to heart of data. // Software Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p85
Highlights Toronto-based Speedware Corporation's release of Esperant 4.0, a query and reporting tool. Benefits of the tool; Cost of the Esperant 4.0.
- Speedware's Media makes OLAP easy. Fielden, Tim // InfoWorld;03/23/98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p124
Reviews Speedware Corp. Inc.'s Media 3.0, a software that helps managers synthesize seemingly unmanageable and unrelated data into meaningful charts. Capabilities and limitation; Operating system support; Recommended retail price; Ordering information.
- Orderpoint helps companies put products online. // PC Week;08/04/97, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p28
Reports on Speedware Corp. Inc.'s release of Orderpoint turnkey software for companies looking to put their products online. The types of mainframe databases that can be connected by front-end browser clients; Other features; Price; Contact point.
- Speedware offers packaged Web catalog and entry. Shankar, Gess // InfoWorld;03/09/98, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p76
Introduces the computer software Speedware OrderPoint 4.0 from Speedware Corp. Capabilities and limitations; Potential applications; Recommended retail price; Operating system support; Ordering information.
- Briefly noted. // PC Week;10/28/96, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p37
Presents brief announcements from the computer industry in October 1996. NEC Corp. and its announcement that it will ship in December 1996 its TigerMark Image DataBlade module for Informix Software Inc.'s Universal Server; Software AG having sold its Esperant query and report tool division to...
- Activant Solutions strengthens electrical market ties with Speedware acquisition. // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar2005, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the plan of Austin, Texas-based business software provider Activant Solutions Inc. to acquire Montreal, Quebec-based Speedware Corp. Inc. Business background of Activant; Plan to develop a business software package for electrical distributors; Interest in the lumber and building...
- SPEEDWARE OFFERS OPEN-SOURCE COBOL TO NORTH AMERICAN MARKET. // Mainframe Computing;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses an agreement between Speedware and COBOL-IT for the distribution of COBOL-IT's enterprise class open source COBOL in the North American market that includes support to users. The terms of the agreement are presented along with the capabilities COBOL-IT. Open source...
- Activant Solutions Completes Speedware Acquisition. // Supply House Times;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p40
The article reports that Activant Solutions Inc. completed its tender offer to acquire the outstanding common shares of Speedware Corp. About 33 million common shares, representing approximately 96% of its outstanding common shares, were tendered and not withdrawn pursuant to the offer. Activant...
- SPEEDWARE COMPLETES YALE IBM MAINFRAME TO WINDOWS MIGRATION. // Mainframe Computing;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
The article deals with the completion of an IBM mainframe-to-Windows migration project by Speedware Ltd. for New Haven, Connecticut-based Yale New Haven Health System in January 2010. Included in the project are a collection of disparate applications and databases from Speedware. The project is...