Sprint Puts MMDS On Hold
- Town crier. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p12
Reports on Sprint's preparations for its first broadband wireless service launch in Phoenix, Arizona. Advantage of offering multichannel multipoint distribution service to residential customers rather than businesses; Bandwidth expectation of Sprint for the Phoenix launch; Sprint's pricing for...
- ALL GOOD THINGS THAT NEVER WERE. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;10/22/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p9
Criticizes the Integrated On-Demand Network (ION) initiative which was launched by Sprint in June 1988. Objectives of Sprint for the ION; Technical problems that Sprint encountered with the ION; Initiatives of the company for its fixed wireless format Multipoint Multichannel Distribution Service.
- RESTARTING FIXED WIRELESS: we're STILL WAITING. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;2/11/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 6, p46
Reports that fixed broadband wireless providers Sprint and WorldCom have slowed deployment plans for fixed wireless service as they await for vendors to devise reliable second generation technology to make their deployment a success. Reasons for the companies to slow the deployment of fixed...
- Alternative access. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/06/99, Vol. 237 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on an agreement signed by Sprint company to invest in wireless cable modem developer Hybrid Networks and purchase equipment from the company. How Sprint will use the equipment; Factors that drive rapid movement of multichannel multipoint distribution service; Information on the...
- SPRINT DECIDES TO PUT MMDS ROLLOUT ON HOLD. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;10/22/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Sprint has postponed additional multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) deployments in the United States broadband fixed wireless industry. Views of Russell Wiseman of Nucentrix Networks on MMDS technology; Significance of fixed wireless strategy to Sprint; Result of...
- Wireless expanded. Middleton, Saundra // Alaska Business Monthly;May99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on developments related to multichannel multipoint distribution system (MMDS) wireless telecommunications technology in Alaska. Testing of MMDS in Anchorage, Alaska, in the 1970s; United States Federal Communications Commission's approval of the MMDS technology.
- Sprint Halts MMDS Rollout. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p40
Reports the decision of Sprint Corp. to delay the deployment of its multichannel multipoint distribution services. Implications of the decision to equipment vendors; Speculations on the company's decision; Rationale behind the decision.
- Sprint adds fuel to MMDS formula. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;11/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 16, p14
Focuses on the confidence of Sprint on the capabilities of its multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) solution. Testing of the MMDS; Target consumers of the company; Benefits and features of MMDS.
- Sprint Embraces Retail With Fixed-Wireless Modem Service. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;05/29/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p30
Reports on Sprint's launched of its fixed-wireless service, called Sprint Broadband Direct. Sprint and WorldCom's plan to launch a fixed-wireless data service to consumers in various United States cities by 2001; Availability of Sprint's service in Phoenix, Arizona through a toll-free number,...