Nasdaq Bumps Paging Carriers
- Two-way Devices Win Exposure. Mickelson, Aleah // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p26
Focuses on the marketing, promotions and advertising campaigns for two-way wireless messaging devices in the United States. Promotion of SkyTel for its eChat; Information on the Web site launched by Metrocall Inc. for the marketing of its services; Details on the offering of Arch Wireless.
- Arch Could Audaciously Be Seeking Deals. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/23/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the restructuring plan of Westborough, Massachusetts-based Arch Wireless Inc. Information on the possible merger between Arch and Alexandria, Virginia-based Metrocall Inc.; Details on the debt of Arch; Background of Arch.
- Arch Wireless gets stock boost. // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p55
Reports on the increase in the stock price of Arch Wireless Inc. at the start of trading on February 15, 2001.
- New Strategies Transform Carriers. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p26
Explores how paging/messaging companies in the United States are transforming themselves to survive in the wireless communication industry. Status of the one-way paging market; Projection on the number of subscribers of two-way messaging services by the end of year 2001; Steps taken by Arch...
- Premium Leaps For The Fund Eyeing A Cuban Pickup. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/15/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the rise in the share price of the Miami, Florida-based Herzfeld Caribbean Basin Fund in 2006. The close-ended fund aims to capitalize on the eventual lifting of the U.S. trade embargo with Cuba. The fund trades on the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated...
- iCAD gets Nasdaq notification letter. // Medical Device Daily;9/14/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 175, p6
The article reports that the Nasdaq Stock Market has sent a letter to iCAD as its common stock has been priced below the minimum requirement for 30 straight days.
- NASDAQ Glitch Hits Mediacom, Gemstar. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p31
Reports the adjustment of the closing prices of 72 stocks by the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation system. List of corporations involved; Detail on the losses of Mediacom Communications Corporation; Reaction of Mediacom regarding losses.
- NASDAQ's Snafus. // New York;9/2/2013, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p36
The article highlights several events that shut down NASDAQ, which includes the software glitch in November 1999, the electrocution of a squirrel in December 1987 and the disseminating prices issue faced in August 2013.
- Stocks Rally In Light Volume; Tableau Software Jumps Late. KEN SHREVE // Investors Business Daily;2/ 4/2014, p00
Stocks rallied in light volume Tuesday, one day after a wave of selling knocked the Nasdaq nearly 6% off its recent high.