Textual Revolution Romps On
- Compression system could save up to 85% on cost of mobile transmissions. // Computer Weekly;12/19/2002, p20
Reports on the launching of a system for compressing mobile transmissions known as X-cellerator Program (IXP) designed by Great Britain-based company Imhotek. Advantages offered by IXP; Estimation of percentage of costs to be saved by the system; Role of the system in controlling data stream...
- Data transmission via PHS and PC card modem. // Computing Japan;Jan1997, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p43
Reports on Toshiba Corp.'s release of the DL-S23P, a personal handyphone system (PHS) unit that is capable of data transmission. Companion PC card fax modem, PHS Data Communication Card IPC0001A; Compatibility with a DOS/V or Windows 95 computer; Contact information.
- Step forward still tech-years behind. // Northern Colorado Business Report;4/9/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p9A
The article offers the author's insight on 3G networks and technology.
- V CAST. // Telephone IP News;Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p3
This article offers information on the V CAST multimedia services from Verizon Wireless. These services give customers the ability to download full-song tracks, to play three-dimensional games and stream video clips to the handset. The coverage of BroadbandAccess and V CAST services being...
- Deconstructing the 3G data cap. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;1/28/2008, p10
The author reflects on the components of 3G data caps in cellular telephones. He states that the soft caps is intended to forbid customers from excessively using data networks and taking only a fair share of their resources. He further asserts that companies that are introducing these features...
- Direct to mobile generates revenue. Radlo, Nick // TVB Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the launching of a television channel on Sky Digital devoted solely to the promotion and distribution of computer games played on a mobile phone handset in Europe. Growth of synergies between digital television and mobile phones; Reference to TX1 channel; Profitability of the digital...
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;12/4/95, Vol. 229 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on items relating to telephony. High-speed data transmission battle between cable modems and ISDN; Microsoft's MiTV broadband; Prediction that people will do more online-shopping in December; CTIA's disputing of the claims of a study that links cellular phone use to traffic accidents.
- Efficient Partial Relaying Protocol for Wireless Multi-Hop Transmission. Shin, Oh-Soon; Lee, Jong-Ho // Wireless Personal Communications;Sep2012, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p443
We propose a multi-hop transmission protocol suitable for the reverse link of cellular systems. The proposed protocol, referred to as cooperative multiplexing with partial relaying (CM-PR), is based on relaying of partial information bits followed by cooperative multiplexing. The CM-PR protocol...
- Phone honed for Net access. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;05/31/99, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p44
Introduces devices and technologies for accessing the Internet through cellular phones. NeoPoint, a Web-enabled smart phone from Innovative Global Solution; Vega Technologies' home networking device called the Buddy System; Lucent Technologies' PacketGSM, a technology that enables voice and...