McCaw Veteran Tackles Indoor Coverage
- Aspiring for Big Savings in Small Packages. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;7/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p18
Reports that RadioFrame Networks Inc. uses expertise from former executives of McCaw Cellular Communications Inc. to sell base station equipment. Executives of RadioFrame; Technology platform used by the company's MC-Series base station solution; Ability of wireless service providers to roll...
- Back to the lab. // PC Week;7/25/94, Vol. 11 Issue 29, pA/3
Profiles McCaw Cellular Communications' chief scientist Rob Mechaley. Job responsibility; Kendra Vandermeulen as Mechaley's replacement in the CDPD effort.
- McCaw protocol to speed creation of optimized tools. Moeller, Michael // PC Week;7/24/95, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p33
Reports on McCaw Cellular Communications' introduction of a wireless messaging protocol called LSM (Limited Size Messaging). Product capabilities; Key features; Company's efforts to establish the product as the standard for short messaging.
- McCaw's mark. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p16
Recalls the history of McCaw Cellular Communications Inc. and its impact on the wireless communications industry.
- AT&T, McCaw merger unites wireline, wireless worlds. Titch, Steven // Telephony;8/23/93, Vol. 225 Issue 8, p8
Discusses corporate merger of AT&T and McCaw Cellular Communications Company. Largest merger in telecommunications industry; Synergy of wireline and wireless communication systems; Market share of cellular subscription; Equal access of regional holding companies in long-distance carriers...
- McCaw legacy lives on in today's wireless start-ups, mainstays. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p7
Profiles several former executives of McCaw Cellular who are still in the wireless communication systems industry in the U.S. Jeff Brown; Rob Mechaley; Rick Applegate; John Chapple.
- BellSouth throws out new challenge to MFJ. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;4/25/94, Vol. 226 Issue 17, p6
Reports on BellSouth's request to United States District Judge Harold Greene for permission to offer cross-LATA services in its cellular territories in parity with its non-RHC competitors. Competition with McCaw Cellular Communications; Reliance on waivers.
- McCaw puts wireless technology to the test in its own sales force. Siegal, Ken // PC Week;8/22/94, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p47
Reports on McCaw Cellular Communications Inc.'s implementation of a six-month pilot program aimed at testing the effectiveness of wireless technology. Sales representatives' use of laptop computers with specially designed software to create multimedia presentations; Use of XcelleNet Inc.'s...
- McCaw to launch commercial CDPD wireless data service. Rodriguez, Karen // InfoWorld;4/17/95, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p6
Reports that McCaw Cellular Communications Inc.'s Wireless Data division will launch the first commercial wireless data services using cellular digital packet data (CDPD) technology by June 1995. McCaw as a wholly owned subsidiary of A&T, which also offers wireless paging services through its...