3G Wireless Caucus Takes Shape
- Puerto Rico hosts Hispanic Caucus Retreat. Collins., John // Caribbean Business;1/30/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's (CHCI) January 2003 retreat in Puerto Rico. Public activities attended by CHCI members to learn more about the island's problems; Event sponsors; Number of Hispanic lawmakers who attended the event.
- Congressional Women's Caucus continues legacy of fostering health, career, cultural advancements. Capps, Lois; Rodgers, Cathy McMorris // Hill;1/16/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p22
The authors reflect on the influential roles played by the Congressional Women's Caucus (CWC) in the U.S. As co-chairwomen of CWC, they express pride for being included in the record number of 73 women who are serving in the House of Representatives in 2007. They likewise hope to continue the...
- Pols set up p'caster caucus. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;04/09/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 8, p50
Reports on the caucus which was formed by 70 legislators in the United States to serve and protect public broadcasters. Aim of the caucus to help provide adequate funding during the transition to digital television; Leaders of the caucus; Importance of the caucus.
- CONGRESSIONAL CAUCUSES. // National Journal;Spring2004 Capital Source Book, Vol. 36, p54
Presents a directory of U.S. congressional caucuses as of April 2004. Caucus on International Narcotics Control; Democratic Technology and Communications Committee; Senate Auto Caucus; Senate Cancer Coalition; Officer addresses of the caucuses; Officers; Telephone numbers.
- Funding adopted for E911. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov97, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p26
States that ten states have adopted a legislation in 1997 to create funding mechanisms to reimburse carriers for wireless enhanced 911 service. Information on the wireless E911 service; Reason for the cost recovery legislation; Number of states who have cost-recovery laws in place.
- Congress Revisits GLB Privacy Provisions. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/27/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p38
Discusses the move of Privacy Caucus, a bipartisan Congressional caucus, to establish privacy protection standards in the United States. Members of the Congressional caucus; Principle in which the Caucus was founded; Privacy provisions under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services...
- Black congressional leader's call for a new Democratic leadership gets answered. Edney, Hazel Trice // New York Amsterdam News;11/14/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 46, p4
Focuses on the urge of U.S. Congressional Black Caucus chairperson Eddie Bernice Johnson for the need of change in Democratic leadership in view of the party's recurring losses. Announcement of House Democratic leader Richard Gephardt to resign from his post; Focus on decision making for a...
- C-130 Modernization Caucus. // Army Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the formation in the United States of a bipartisan Congressional C-130 Modernization Caucus by Senator Tim Hutchinson and Senator Max Cleland.
- The Leaky Science and Engineering Pipeline: HOW Can We Retain More Women in Academia and Industry? Perusek, Anne M. // SWE Magazine;Winter2008, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a congressional briefing led by the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) held in conjunction with the U.S. House Diversity and Innovation Caucus in October 2007. It was moderated by SWE director of external affairs Semahat Demir and was co-sponsored by 11 engineering and...