Powell Pushes For FCC Reform
- Powell exports his views on minimal regulation to Europe. Johnstone, Bill // Euronet;Jun2001, Issue 12, p51
Looks at the prospects of telecommunication with Michael Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Background of Powell; Outline of regulatory philosophy to European colleagues; Difference of the European approach to telecommunication from that of the U.S. approach.
- Out With The Old, In With New. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Forecasts the changes at the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush. Revamp of the FCC structure; Forecasts on the platform of FCC Commissioner Michael Powell; Issues in wireless communication systems that the FCC...
- Martin-Powell Chronicles: Dissension in FCC Ranks. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Comments on the policy of U.S. Federal Communications Chairman (FCC) Michael Powell. Displeasure of FCC member Kevin Martin; Issuance of dissents and disapproval suggesting conflicts with the policies and leadership of FCC chairman Michael Powell; Complaints on delegating a job to a staff that...
- New Era At The FCC. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Editorial. Offers observation on the views of Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), about telecom deregulation. Hints on how Powell will approach the telecommunication deregulation issue; Powell's comments on the power struggle that lies at the...
- Powell To Successor -- Don't Be Timid. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the advice given by Michael Powell, outgoing chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), for his successor. Statement from Powell on an event held by the Silicon Flatirons Telecommunications Program in February 2005; Important consideration for an FCC chairman;...
- Powell seeks to use more auction revenues for TDF. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the plan of U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell to use auction revenues for the Telecommunications Development Fund. Reasons behind the move; Views of FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein on the issue; Plan of the mobile phone industry to use auction...
- Deregulation Rules Dismay FCC Chair. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;3/18/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p55
Reports on the approval of rules by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission giving states expanded authority over the local-telephone market. Views of FCC Chairman Michael Powell on the rule; Benefits of the rule to telephone service providers.
- Telecom policy and Chairman Powell. Pearce, Alan // America's Network;04/01/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p32
Comments on the policy-making changes in the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the leadership of Chairman Michael Powell. Principles of Powell in managing the agency; Failure of the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Complexities on the public policies of the commission.
- FCC's Powell Opens Up On 3G And Spectrum. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p8
Offers a look at the reforms proposed by Michael Powell since becoming chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission in January 2001. His stance on deregulation; Opinion on suitable frequencies for third generation technology.
- Does Powell Have the Five-Year Itch? McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 21, p17
Michael Powell, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will have completed a big portion of his 'to-do' list if FCC follows through with his plan to rewrite broadcast-ownership limits on June 2, 2003. With that task and the exhausting duty of reviewing phone-access rules...