Bush Plan Could Delay Auction Action
- White House Backs Delays. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p1
Provides information on the reaction of the wireless industry to the decision of the administration of United States President George W. Bush to delay spectrum auctions for year 2002. Details of the plans; Indications of the budget proposal; Provisions affecting the industry.
- Characterizing the Incentive Compatible and Pareto Optimal Efficiency Space for Two Players, Îº Items, Public Budget and Quasilinear Utilities. Lerner, Anat; Gonen, Rica // Games (20734336);Jun2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p97
We characterize the efficiency space of deterministic, dominant-strategy incentive compatible, individually rational and Pareto-optimal combinatorial auctions in a model with two players and Îº nonidentical items. We examine a model with multidimensional types, private values and quasilinear...
- Philippines Eyeing Sale of Harris High Frequency/Very High Frequency Radios. // Defense Daily;6/6/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the plans of the Philippines to purchase Harris High Frequency/Very High Frequency radios and their associated equipment and services. The country is willing to spend up to US$96 million for the radios. The sale includes 6,356 Advanced Tactical VHF Handheld radio systems...
- Section 2. U.S. Infrastructure Spending. Deshpande, Manasi; Elmendorf, Douglas W. // Hamilton Project: Strategy Papers;Jul2008, p17
The article examines the trends in U.S. spending on infrastructure and compares them with other countries. It assesses the current spending, international comparisons, and trends over time for physical infrastructure. An examination of the telecommunications infrastructure is also presented....
- Costello holds the line. // BRW;2/3/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the opposition of Treasurer Peter Costello to the proposal of the Nationals following the sale of Telstra in Australia. Use of the proceeds from the consolidation of Telstra on regional infrastructure; Demand for an upgrade regional telecommunications; Elimination of net government debt.
- Chapter 5. Budget. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Oct2002, p34
Presents information on the budget revenues, expenditures, deficit, surplus and external financial budget sources in Montenegro as of October 2002. Estimated amount of total budget revenues for the first seven months of 2002; Estimated total amount of tax and tariff revenues for the first seven...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Supply Management;9/16/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p09
The article offers news briefs related to supply management as of September 16, 2010 on topics including the demand for procurement professional at information technology (IT) consultancies, success of online auction by "Supply Management," and public spending cuts over the manufacturing sector.
- Electronic Reverse Auction: An Analysis of Its Use in Public Administrations of Cities in Brazil. Leinig, Adriana Karin Goelzer; de Paula Pinto, José Simão; Catapan, Anderson; Catapan, Edilson Antonio; da Veiga, Claudimar Pereira; Panucci-Filho, Laurindo; Verona, Luis Antonio; Bueno, Priscilla Veiga; da Costa Júnior, Eduardo Vaz; de Castro, Alessandro; Deretti, Sandro // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;Aug2014, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p274
Background: The Brazilian law nÂ° 10.520, of July 2002, establishes the method of trading within the Union, States, Federal District and Municipalities. The decree nÂ° 5.450, of May 31th 2005, in its Article 4Â° Â§ 1Â°, regulates and makes mandatory the use of electronic reverse...
- Untitled. // Farmers Weekly;9/26/2014, Vol. 161 Issue 37, p1
The article discusses Shropshire Council, England's options for the future of its 24 smallholdings. The topics discussed include policy of retaining the smallholdings, option to sell the smallholdings on the open market to the highest bidder, and option to transfer the smallholdings estate to a...