NYC Examines Driving Issue
- what happens IF... Hill, Nick // 2Wheel Tuner;Jul2010, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p14
The article determines the effect of doing the things that you can do in a car, such as eating BigMac burger or drinking milkshake, while driving a bike.
- The data says: Driving deserves your full attention. Alton, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p22A
The article discuses the effect of cell phone use on driving based on a set of findings that states that talking on phone requires same cognitive skills as driving and that driving experience is same as driving being in an inebriated state thus, increasing the chances of accidents.
- Accident Waiting to Happen. // Property & Casualty 360;Jun2014, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p15
The article reports that almost two-thirds of drivers engage in distracted-driving behavior on a daily basis and over 50 percent of drivers text while driving, according to a 2014 study by insurance group Plymouth Rock Assurance.
- Speaker Vallone's Pyrrhic vitory. // Crain's New York Business;10/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p8
Comments on City Council speaker, Peter Vallone's victory when a judge ordered a referendum on whether voters want the city to build a new stadium for the New York Yankees baseball team in Manhattan, New York. Suggestion that Vallone's referendum is mischievous politics; What Vallone hopes to...
- Vallone urges term limits fight. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;12/5/94, Vol. 10 Issue 49, p6
Reports on New York City Council Speaker Peter Vallone's efforts to revise the 1993 charter change, which limits the mayor, council members, public advocate, comptroller and borough presidents to two terms in office. referendum on the ballot for November 1995.
- Funds raise Peter's prospects. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/04/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on the electioneering efforts of New York City Council speaker Peter Vallone. Views of political observers.
- Vallone to address forum. // Crain's New York Business;10/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p71
Reports that New York City Council Speaker Peter Vallone is expected to deliver a feature address at Crain's New York Business breakfast. Focus of Vallone's address; Sponsorship of the breakfast; Contact information.
- Tax cuts proposed. // Crain's New York Business;01/13/97, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on some of the tax cuts proposed by New York City Council Speaker Peter Vallone. Possibility that there will be a reduction of the tax on unincorporated businesses; Debate as to whether the city's charter should be revamped to give more power to the City Council.
- Vallone proposes help for tech firms. // Crain's New York Business;11/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p12
Presents information on a proposal by New York City Council speaker Peter Vallone, for the state to assist start-ups in emerging industries and authorize a city technology office to help commercialize additional technologies. Plans by Vallone to announce his candidacy for governor in 1998.