Detroit's Suicide (Door) MACHINES
- Mazda debuts sporty crossover. Rechtin, Mark // Automotive News;1/9/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6184, p16
The article reports that Mazda Motor Corp.'s executives have declared that the CX-7, unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show, has the soul of a sports car. The CX-7 has the same turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine as the MazdaSpeed6, although the CX-7 version is detuned to 244 hp. The CX-7...
- Mazda Kabura. // Automotive News;1/16/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6185, p17
The article presents information about Mazda Kabura car. The windshield to the roof's B-pillar junction is a seamless sheet of glass that has adjustable tinting and opacity. The leather-grain interior comes from 100 percent postindustrial waste. It has been designed by Franz von Holzhausen.
- VOCATIONAL TRUCKS. // Overdrive;Dec2005 Supplement, Vol. 45, p50
The article presents information on various models of vocational trucks. The exterior of Freightliner FLD120SD includes durable and lightweight aluminum semi-monocoque reinforced cab construction and two piece flat glass windshield. The interior includes rosewood instrument panels and bright...
- Outside the Box. Thompson, Steve // AutoWeek;7/7/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 27, p16
The article discusses the need of sliding rear doors in the cars. It is mentioned that how one gets in and out of the vehicle or puts stuff in and take it out, holds importance. The steeply raked windshields and setback cabins of today's sedans force designers to incline the B-pillars of the...
- A lasting shove affair. STAHL, MICHAEL // Wheels;Oct2013, p152
The author focuses on his 1989 Ford 911 Carrera 3.2 automobile and its modifications. He recalls that he bought the car in May 2012 which featured concrete tyres, dried-out rubber bits and an aftermarket compact disc (CD) unit. Changes made include the installation of new window seals and new...
- BMW X3. Ponchard, Nathan // Wheels;Sep2005, p149
Reports on the improvements made to the BMW X3 automobile. Features of the power windows and doors; Driving performance; Speed.
- PROJECT RE-A-RANGE UPDATE. // NZ 4WD;Mar2012, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p26
The article presents an update on the so-called Project Re-A-Range involving a Range Rover vehicle. The vehicle features a new set of Narva Ultima 225 driving lights. It notes that problems involving the electric windows, fuses and rear windows have been addressed in which the doors have been...
- BMW X3. Ponchard, Nathan // Wheels;Oct2005, p135
Presents information on the demise of the BMW X3 automobiles. Performance of the automobile; Features of the power windows and doors; Problems concerning the automobile's seats.
- Window sox. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;1/7/2005, Issue 1751, p39
This article presents information on window sox used in rear passenger windows. However, window sox, which are designed in Australia, slip over the door frame â€” covering the whole window--but still allowing one to open it and they're easy to fasten to the doors using Velcro pads. Window...