CHEVROLET: WE'LL BE THERE, BUT THE CORVETTE WON'T
- Chevrolet: 1997-99 Corvette and Camaro with 5.7L VIN G engine. // Motor Age;Aug99, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p51
Reports on the removal of the squeaking noise from the front of the engine in the 1997-99 Chevrolet Corvette and Camaro automobiles by proper installation of the drive belt idler pulley.
- Two Hands, One Engine. Sutton, Mike // Ward's Auto World;Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the assembly process of LS9 V-8 engine of the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. The entry notes that the LS9 engine is assembled at General Motors Corp. (GM) Powertrain's Performance Build Center (PBC) in Wixom, Michigan. It cites that the LS9 takes almost five hours to assemble...
- Test-Driving Corvette and Camaro Show Cars (Sort Of). WONG, JONATHAN // AutoWeek;2010 Holiday Gift Guide, p33
Several previews for Chevrolet automobiles are presented including Chevrolet Corvette Z06X and Chevrolet Camaro SSX from General Motors Corp.
- THE ENGINE. // Motor;Mar2007, p50
The article features several automobiles and its engines in Australia. Chevrolet company has been offering six-banger engines in basic and mid-spec Camaro models since 1987. In 2007, it launched its VE SV6. On the other hand, General Motors Corp. has upgraded its 3.6-liter V6 and loaded in the...
- 90 million small-block V8s strong. // AutoWeek;10/25/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 43, p6
This article presents information about the General Motors' small-block V8 automobile engine. This automobile celebrates its 50th anniversary on October 28, 2004. In 1955, the small-block V8 was introduced in 1955 Chevy, a 265-cubic-inch engine producing 165 hp in its base two-barrel carburetor...
- BLUE DEVIL LIVES!! Gritzinger, Bob // AutoWeek;7/4/2005, Vol. 55 Issue 27, p4
This article presents news related to the automobile industry. A snippet reports that General Motors Corp. vice chairman Bob Lutz won't confirm that the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 car exists, but he is not saying it doesn't. The company first wrote about Chevrolet's ultra-performance Corvette-dubbed...
- Hand-built engines will give GM flexibility. // Automotive News;8/9/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6106, p24
The article presents an interview with Tim Schag, veteran of General Motors Corp. (GM) who is fond of old Corvettes and Cadillacs. GM's Powertrain division will start delivering hand-built V-8 engines for the Chevrolet Corvette Z06. On certain vehicles, such as Ford SVT products, Rolls-Royces...
- A Dynamic Duo. Newman, Richard J.; Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;4/18/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 14, pD14
Mentions the Chevrolet Corvette and the General Motors Mustang automobiles. Engines; Prices.
- Camaro joins bid for Chevy sales lead. Connelly, Mary // Automotive News;3/29/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5492, p3
Reports on launching of the 1993 Camaro automobile by General Motor Corp.'s Chevrolet Division. Strategy to make Chevrolet the dominant vehicle retailer; Fielding of other automobiles since the start of 1992; Features of the Camaro; Advertising campaign.