AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE EITHER-OR
- Manifolds get new route. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Feb98, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the assembling machine developed by Evana Automotive Specialists. Integration of module into the line;Pilot communication system of the cell; Movement of manifold through the pallet shuttles.
- Automated assembly market to reach $4.5 billion by 2002. // Control Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p3
Forecasts an increase in demand for automated assembly systems and related subsystems in North America through 2002, according to a market study by Advanced Technology Advisors entitled `North American Market Demand for Automated Assembly Systems.' Manufacturing sectors that are expected to...
- Lean machines shrink the assembly line. Lewis, John // Design News;8/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p96
Presents information on the design of assembly systems. Information on systems with learner structures and tooling that integrate with PC and serial I/O technology; Comments from Ken Moore, plant manager at Chrysler Corporation; How maintenance and downtime can be reduced. INSET: 5 rules of...
- Assembly-by-forming rates double. // Automotive Production;Mar1996, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p20
Discusses about the Injected Metal Assembly (IMA) systems developed by the Fisher Gauge Limited. How the IMA systems work; How the IMA technology eliminates machining and finishing operations.
- Accessories take it personally. Eisenstein, Paul // Professional Engineering;11/18/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p44
Reports on the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association (Sema) automobile accessories show held in Las Vegas, Nevada in November 1998. Cost of installing a video recorder and personal computer system in a car; Carmakers' officials who attended the Sema convention. INSET: From the sublime...
- Smoke & Materials. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug99, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on aluminum, an automotive material. Average amount of aluminum contained per vehicle; Challenges with aluminum utilization; Information on a study on the environmental impact of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions and other substances that result from the production and use of automotive...
- Can You Glue A Car Together? Sabatini, Jeff // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Aug99, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p48
Deals with the use of adhesive technology in automobile body engineering. Dilemma with structural adhesives; Discussion on structural adhesives such as epoxies; Applications of structural adhesives in vehicles; Challenge to using structural adhesives. INSETS: All About Fasteners;Togetherness.
- Cost vs. value. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;7/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
Reports the hesitation of automobile manufacturers to use fluoropolymers for engine/fuel system. Forecast on fluorocarbon sales of Dyneon L.L.C.; Development of materials for evaporative emission applications; Enhancement of fluorocarbons and fluoroelastomers for fuel cap.
- Acrylics surplanting silicone as leak stoppers. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;7/15/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
Reports the preference of automobile manufacturers for acrylics for oil and valve cover seals. Growth of the demand for acrylics in emission applications; Advantages of oil pan and valve cover seals; Properties of acrylics.