- Advancing Composite. Vasilah, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Nov2003, Vol. 115 Issue 11, p47
Looks at the breakthroughs that will lead to automotive body panel applications for composite materials. Developments that put to rest the industry's problem with paint pops; Comparison between the specific gravity of aluminum and SMC.
- Chinese car industry wants lightweighting cooperation. Kanthor, Rebecca // Plastics News;1/20/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p0019
The article discusses how lighter cars are the key strategy for China and its automobile industry and the need for Chinese companies to put more pressure on the Chinese government for support to fully develop the market. It notes that the government favors the aeronautics industry for composite...
- Scope for Automotive Textiles. // Indian Textile Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 123 Issue 10, p16
The article discusses the increased use of textile materials in automotive applications. The demand for improved safety and increased comfort is driving the growth of automotive textiles. New fabrics are also being developed to lower cars' weight in order to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and...
- Estimated European sales by model, January & YTD. // Automotive News Europe;02/28/2000, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p30
Provides a list of estimated sales of each European automobile model in January 2000.
- The Automobile Industry. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2002, p11
Analyzes the performance of the U.S. automobile industry in 2002. Sales and production of light vehicles; Market share of light vehicles; Inventory and sales by dealers of motor vehicles and parts; Automobile stock performance.
- Concern for Big Three automakers? // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the Big Three automakers company in Indiana. Assessment on the conditions of the country's motor vehicle industry; Cost advantage of Big Three automakers; Financial status of the company.
- What happened to Detroit's passion for the product? // Machine Design;8/9/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 15, p14
Presents the opinion that, within the automobile industry, there exists a lack of enthusiasm for and confidence in products. Perceived attitudes of automotive product managers during automotive press conferences; Comparison of the automobile and magazine industries.
- The China Syndrome. Robinet, Michael // Automotive Industries;Jan2002, Vol. 182 Issue 1, p39
Analyzes the market condition of the automobile industry in China. Advent of the industry in the country; Problems facing the industry; Trade and international initiatives in the country.
- Production. // Automotive News;11/01/99, Vol. 74 Issue 5846, p66
No abstract available.