Dems grapple with GOP intel disclosures
- House Intelligence Committee to Get New Digs. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/26/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p34
Focuses on how the U.S. House Intelligence Committee will fund its plan to build a quarter at the subterranean Capitol Visitors Center in Washington, D.C. Security needs of the committee following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Intel chairman blames Iran for deadly attack on Israeli tourists. Pecquet, Julian // Hill;7/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 96, p1
The article informs that the chairman of the U.S. House of Intelligence Committee has held Iran responsible for the attack in Bulgaria which resulted in death of Israeli tourists.
- Hill People. Casey, Winter // National Journal;11/3/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 44, p76
The article announces that Brian Morrison has been appointed as the deputy chief counsel for the U.S. House Select Committee on Intelligence.
- US losing the cyber war, says House Intelligence chairman. Martinez, Jennifer // Hill;2/7/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p9
The article reports on the statement of Mike Rogers, chairman of the U.S. House Intelligence Committee, on February 6, 2013 that the U.S. is amidst cyberspace war and is losing the battle over it.
- House Report Takes U.S. Intelligence Agencies to Task. Maier, Timothy W.; Spun, Brandon // Insight on the News;10/29/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p6
Highlights the report of the United States (U.S.) House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on the performance of the country's intelligence agencies. Failures of the intelligence agencies to stave off the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Plan to reform the intelligence agencies.
- The Battle of Hastings. YORK, BYRON // National Review;12/4/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 22, p35
The article offers opinion on the case of Alcee Hastings, a federal judge from Florida who was impeached from his position in 1988 following accusations of conspiring to take bribes. In 1992 Hastings won election to Congress from the 23rd district of Florida, and is now in line to become the...
- The Cunningham Web. Vest, Jason // Government Executive;Feb2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p19
The article presents information on the investigation of corruption charges on Republican representative Randy Cunningham in the United States. Cunningham pleaded guilty on November 29, 2005 for receiving at least $2.4 million in bribes for misusing his post on the House Appropriations Defense...
- Intelligence (Permanent Select). Smalley, Suzanne M. // National Journal;6/19/99, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p1744
Lists the aides of the United States House Intelligence Committee. Major issues handled; Republicans and Democrats; Subcommittees; Telephone and facsimile numbers.
- Report: U.S. intelligence still clueless about Iran nuke progress, still lacks Farsi-speakers. // Geo-Strategy Direct;9/6/2006, p14
The article presents information on the findings of a report released on August 23, 2006 stating that the U.S. intelligence service has failed to determine progress toward nuclear weapons of Iran. The House Intelligence Committee said that the intelligence community must provide intelligence...