RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- A new dawn or a false light? Mularczyk, Chris // Warsaw Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p10
Comments on the coalition of Civic Platform and Law and Justice party against Democratic Left Alliance (SLD) in Poland. Factors for failure of coalitions to sustain against SLD; Apprehensions to the feasibility of unity from the center-right coalition; Controversy over post-election coalitions...
- POLAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
The article discusses the political, economic, and business conditions in Poland, focusing on declining support for the ruling political party Civic Platform or Platforma Obywatelska (PO), real gross domestic product (GDP) growth, and the liberalization of the country's natural gas market.
- Tusk To Win But Coalition Composition Key. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4
The article discusses the possible victory of the Civic Platform or Platforma Obywatelska, a political party led by Prime Minister Donald Tusk, at the parliamentary election in Poland on October 2011. The PO's victory will make way for Tusk's re-election as prime minister. On the other hand, it...
- Poland: Two Steps Forwardâ€¦. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/30/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p19
The article focuses on the political party Law and Justice (PiS) which secured the approval of the budget of Poland in 2006. The major obstacle to the progress of the country is the reluctance of the party to form a coalition with Civic Platform. It highlights the effort of PiS in securing...
- EGYPT: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the economic and political risks in Egypt include the impact of the attack of the Israeli embassy in Cairo, the negative outlook of the country's banking sector and the risks associated with Ezz Steel after its chairman was jailed for corruption.
- TURKEY: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p4
The article offers news briefs on the economic and political risks in Turkey including the tension between the Turkish government and militant group Kurdistan Freedom Falcons, the corrections of the country's current accounts and the business relation between Egyptian and Turkish businessmen.
- SYRIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p6
The article offers news briefs on the political and economic risks of Syria which include the suspension of the country's membership by the Arab League, declination of its stock of foreign reserves and the plans of the Syrian government to export oil to China or Russia.
- JORDAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Nov2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
The article offers news briefs on the economic and political risks of Jordan which includes the return of Israeli ambassador Daniel Nevo after false alarm, the resignation of Faris Sharaf as the Central Bank Governor and the implementation of the Zarqa Water Project to tackle water shortages.
- BMI Ratings. // East Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p6
The article presents the Business International Monitor Ltd. (BMI) risk ratings for political, economic and business condition of Barbados, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago as well as the East Caribbean table ratings.