VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- RISK SUMMARY: THAILAND. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
The article presents an overview of the economic, political, and business environment risks in Thailand which include the positive outlook for foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows and the formation of a coalition government to push minimum wage hike and rice price guarantee scheme.
- Marching in place. Larimer, Tim // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/06/97, Issue 40, p66
Offers a look at the Vietnam leaders who in stressing continuity rather than economic reform appear to be not much different from the leaders of the past. Question of the administrative abilities of Prime Minister Phan Van Kai and President Tran Duc Luong; The problems in Vietnam in the banking...
- Investment Overview. // Vietnam Country Review;2001/2002, p54
Provides an overview of the foreign investment climate in Vietnam. Country's adoption of a policy strategy that encourages and depends on foreign investment; Total value of investment commitments attracted by Vietnam by early 1997; Factors that make the country a difficult investment...
- External Sector: Outlook. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Nov2011, p13
The article reports that Vietnam will continue to experience shortage on trades on foreign direct investment, portfolio, and other capital inflows outside the country. It mentions that more administrative actions are expected for the coming months to rein in imports. It presents also several...
- Return of the Vietnamese who fled. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/20/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 252, p1
Discusses hindrances to industrial development in Vietnam as of November 20, 2000. Belief of many that the country must allow competition in markets such as telecommunication; Cost of using the Internet; Reasons that foreign businesses are becoming less interested in investing in Vietnam.
- Alternatives to the "Race to the Bottom" in Vietnam. Ngoc Tran, Angie // Labor Studies Journal;Dec2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p430
This case study focuses on strategic mediating roles of labor newspapers. Concentrating on minimum wage strikes from 2005 to 2006, it shows the state's pro-foreign direct investment policy, tensions between state bureaucracies and labor unions, and their debates. It demonstrates alternatives to...
- Economic Growth: Consumer Demand - Outlook. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Feb2012, p6
The article presents an outlook for consumer demand in Vietnam for 2012 which include favorable private consumption due to wage increase, sustained economic growth and higher minimum wage as part of the resolve of the government to lift living standards and as an attractive destination.
- Robust Growth Outlook. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
The article presents a forecast of the economic conditions that are likely to prevail in Vietnam in 2006. According to the General Statistics Office, Vietnam is one of the Asia's fastest growing economies and it expanded by 8.4% in 2005. It is expected that growth in all the three sectors, that...
- VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the country risk ratings for Vietnam as of March 2007. The short-term political rating remained at 81.0, which is the highest rating in Asia. The short-term economic rating is 65.0 with trends indicating the country's reliance on non-renewable resources. The business...