Growth Bottoming Out But Recovery Uncertain
- Stimulus Package Fraught With Question Marks. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p5
The article presents the economic outlook in Vietnam through 2010. According to the report of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), the country's 2.9% forecasted growth for 2009 will be maintained as the gross domestic product (GDP) has grown by an estimated 3.1% year-on-year in the first...
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p5
The article provides an overview of the economic outlook for Vietnam from 2011-2012 in which gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to increase to 7.2% while policy rate will remain on hold at 14% before easing the monetary policy.
- Chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p21
The article forecasts the long-term economic condition of Vietnam for 2011-2020 wherein foreign investment into the manufacturing sector will continue to drive growth while the government is targeting 7.0-7.5% annual real gross domestic products (GDP) growth in 2011-2016.
- BMI Raises Dong Forecast. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
The article provides an outlook of the economic situation of Vietnam for 2008. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), due to monetary tightening and an increased acceptance of currency appreciation by the government, they raised their end 2008 target for the dong from Vietnamese...
- VIETNAM TOURISM REPORT. // Vietnam Tourism Report;Q3 2012, Issue 3, p1
The article presents the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) on the tourism industry in Vietnam until 2016. It says that the growth of tourism in the country in the first quarter of 2012 is reflecting the efforts of the government to expand the industry. It adds that the...
- Slowing Economy Raises Political Risk. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
The article offers forecasts on the economic conditions in Vietnam for the year 2009 amidst political ructions in the country. According to the article, Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) see no major risk of mass unrest despite economic downturn which is predicted to an increase in...
- Is Dong Devaluation An Easy Way Out? // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
The article presents an economic outlook of Vietnam as of the year 2009. According to the article, economic experts from Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) expect that the Vietnamese economy continue to be range-bound around US$17,500 in the short term. In addition, they believe that the...
- Robust Gain To Moderate. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 2;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p4
The article presents a revised gross domestic product (GDP) forecast for the Philippines. Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. forecasted a GDP growth of 4.9 percent for Philippines for the year 2010 which it later revised to 6.2 percent seeing the increase in the exports of the country....
- Chapter 6: BMI Global Assumptions. // Colombia Business Forecast Report;2010 4th Quarter, p43
The article focuses on the economic forecast by Business Monitor International Ltd. on global real gross domestic product (GDP) from the fourth quarter of 2010 to 2014.