KIDS ON QUADS: RESPONDING TO RURAL RISKS
- Mother nature on a rampage!! Brown, D.J. // Dealernews;Jul97, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p80
Presents the statistics on the decrease in all-terrain vehicles (ATV) sales for April, 1997. Expectations on the May sales; Implication of the data on the status of the industry; Account on the dirtbike sales; Drop of the dollar value to yen.
- ATV injuries increasing. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that, according to statistics released by NIOSH show, work-related and recreational All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) injuries are increasing in the U.S.
- DEFENDING ATV RIDES. Denner, Roy // Off-Road Business;Aug2005, Issue 7, p68
Refutes the allegations of the members of the medical community that manufacturers of all-terrain vehicles (ATV) are killing and maiming small children in the U.S. Television news reports showing children killed while riding an ATV; Statistics on sports-related injuries and death in the U.S.
- number GAME. // Dealernews;Nov2007, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p20
The article presents statistics on topics related to the motorcycle industry in the U.S. as of 2007. They include the number of total motorcycle dealers in the country, the percentage of nonfranchised outlets, the number of all-terrain vehicles (ATV) produced by Arctic Cat, and Web site...
- Examining Ontario Deaths Due to All-Terrain Vehicles, and Targets for Prevention. Lord, Sarah; Tator, Charles H.; Wells, Sandy // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;May2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p343
Background: All-terrain vehicle (ATV) use is increasingly popular among people of all ages. Although ATV use is known to cause significant morbidity due to head and neck trauma, there is a lack of published data detailing ATV-related fatalities. We examined all ATV-related fatalities in Ontario...
- All-terrain vehicle injury in children: strategies for prevention. Aitken, M. E.; Graham, C. J.; Killingsworth, J. B.; Mullins, S. H.; Parnell, D. N.; Dick, R. M. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Oct2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p303
OBJECTIVE: A variety of educational efforts, policies, and regulations have been adopted to reduce all-terrain vehicle (ATV) injury in children. Despite this, ATV use by children continues and serious injuries are common. The purpose of this study was to investigate the knowledge, practices, and...
- Building a better mousetrap. // Dealernews;Sep99, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p32
Redefines the all terrain vehicle (ATV) market in the United States as of September 1999. Expected number of ATVs to be sold in the retail market during the years 1999 and 2000; Goal for new ATV products to serve as many potential uses as possible; characteristics needed by ATVs.
- Manufacturers jockey for number one. Jardine, Kimberly // Dealernews;Aug96, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p30
Presents developments on the all terrain vehicle industry as of August 1996. Sales performance of all terrain vehicles (ATV) compared to other powersports vehicles; ATV being added by Arcto to its lineup; Sneak peek got by dealers at Kawasaki's 1997 Prairie; Production target of Honda for 1997....
- Accessing ATVs. Alstrup, Dean // Dealernews;Aug96, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p67
Presents tips on improving the sales of all terrain vehicles (ATV). ATV sales in 1995; Importance of accessibility to the product; Giving importance of the ATV to differentiate it from the other product in the showroom.