Minnesota's Projected Budget Surplus Shaved to $2.4 Billion
- Does the U.S. Need a Huge Tax Cut? // New York Times Upfront;03/19/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p26
Examines the need for a huge tax cut in the United States. Plan to provide relief to all income-tax payers; Direction of plans toward individuals and small businesses; Possible contribution of the implementation of tax cut on the return of federal budget deficits.
- Northeast Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; McDonald, Michael; Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31196, p37
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Northeast, as of August 6, 2001. Decline in Connecticut's projected fiscal 2001 budget surplus; Delaware's decision not to apply state taxes to federal income tax rebate checks; Revenue collection in Massachusetts for July.
- Taxes Beat the Estimate. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/17/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33335, p9
The article reports that the tax collections in Virginia for May 2010 is stronger than the estimated value and the country projects that there will be revenue surplus in June.
- Cashing In. Dziemianowicz, Joe // Entertainment Weekly;9/7/2001, Issue 612/613, p31
Presents tips on spending one's tax rebate in the U.S. Release of video recording 'The Godfather' collection; Expenditure on dental whitening services; Donation to the National Center for Film and Video Preservation at the American Film Institute.
- Rivals Ready to Duel over Minnesota's Budget Surplus. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p4
Reports the debate over the use of budget surplus in Minnesota. Impact of income and sales taxes on revenues; Return of the surplus as tax rebates upon failure to spend surplus by the end of the fiscal year; Increase in additional capital for education spending; Effect of the forecasted surplus...
- Sales tax collections on the rise. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/15/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p7
The article reports that the sales tax collections of the state of Texas rose in October 2006. According to Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn, she sent higher sales tax rebates to cities counties, transit systems and special purposes taxing districts in November. Sales tax rebates...
- Realtor pans tax quick fix. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on concerns about the $550 million residential property tax rebates that will be received by homeowners following the legislatureâ€™s approval of slot machines in horse racing tracks in Indiana. Karl Berron of the Indiana Association of Realtors said that the government...
- The deficit drives demand. Debus, Keith // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/14/2004, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p13
Discusses the history of budget deficits in the U.S. Advice on the stimulation of economies by the government during the Great Depression; Implementation of a program of tax cuts by former president Ronald Reagan; Information on the initiated tax cuts by the administration of President George...
- Budget: Sweeteners Galore. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p9
The article reports on the budget proposal for fiscal year 2010-2011 in Hong Kong, China which faced criticism, prompting the government to announce cash handouts and tax rebates amid rising public pressures. It outlines the proposed several measures in the country's budget for fiscal year...