Kansas School District, Looking to Time Market, Splits Refunding
- Austin School District Readies $76 Million to Refund CP. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;8/5/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33362, p4
The article reports that the Austin Independent School District, Texas, is refunding its outstanding commercial paper notes with proceeds from recently negotiated dollars 75.8 million bond sale.
- Sell-Off Prompts Pittsburgh School District to Delay $69M Refunding. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p34
Reports that the Pittsburgh School District is pulling its general obligation bond refunding secondary to the national unemployment figures in the U.S. Schedule of the postponed negotiated deal; Maturity of the deal; Underwriter of the deal.
- Time to Cast a Wider Net. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/17/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31182, p1
Reports on the shift of Texas School District from high property tax levels to non-tax-base sources for its bonds refunding in Dallas, Texas. Factors affecting selling strategy of the school; Proceeds of the bonds sale; Impact of the recapture system to wealthy districts.
- Texas School District to Sell $111M Refunding Issue Today. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31078, p38
Reports the sale of refunding bond issues by school districts in Texas. Rates of bonds; Generation of property tax revenues from the Carrollton-Farmer's Branch Independent School District; Assistance offered for school constructions.
- Municipals End Firm in Light Trading; Arkansas School District Sells Bonds. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p2
Focuses on the sale of refunding bonds in the new-issue market by School District No. 21 of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Reasons for decline in Chicago purchasing managers index; Yield range for reoffering of serial bonds; Fixed-income securities reflecting awareness of the implications for...
- Texas bars put option escrows for school district refundings. Preston, Darrell; Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;03/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30351, p1
Reports on the Texas attorney general's office will no longer approve bond refundings for school districts involving put option contracts and similar structures. Contents of a memo distributed to bond counsel across the state; Decision of the DeSoto Independent School District to abandon its...
- Munis Unchanged in Quiet Trading; $76M of Texas School Bonds Priced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p2
Municipal bonds were unchanged on April 28, 2003, while in the new-issue market underwriters priced 76 million dollar of Leander, Texas, Independent School District unlimited tax and school building and refunding bonds with a top yield of 4.74 percent in 2032. On the economic front, personal...
- Dallas schools aim to fast-track underwriter team, deal for early '99. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30543, p3
Focuses on Dallas Independent School District's search for an underwriting team to handle an expected refunding in 1999. Board of Trustees' postponement of bond referendum it had planned for February 1999; Projected savings from the refunding; School district's involvement in scandal that led...
- Market Spurs Texas District to Rethink a $50M Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/27/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32411, p5
The article reports on the reduction of the planned $ 147.4 million offering of gilt-edged general obligation bonds of the Independent School District in Mansfield, Texas. The offering was reduced to $ 98.3 million after market conditions spurred officials to cancel the refunding component of...