ACA Financial Guaranty Receives Investors' $45 Million in New Capital
- ACA Says It Cannot Afford Downgrade Below A-Minus. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32758, p1
The article reports that ACA Capital Holdings Inc. claims that it could not afford to pay the mounting costs if the Standard & Poor's Corp. doowngrades the company's credit rating below A-minus. On November 9, 2007, Standard & Poor's has credited an A rating for ACA Financial Guaranty Inc. on...
- ACA to Seek Capital Infusion to Stave Off Standard & Poor's Downgrade, CEO Says. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p34
Focuses on ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s talks with investors for a needed capital infusion. Chief executive officer Michael Satz's speech before investors; Response to Standard & Poor's Inc.'s decision to place the firm on CreditWatch with negative implications; Decreased confidence in ACA...
- ACA Avoids Downgrade. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p1
No abstract available.
- Economic Risk: Capital Controls Risks Rising. // Latin America Monitor: Brazil Monitor;Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the increasing risks of capital controls in Brazil, arising from the imposition of a two percent tax on foreign portfolio investment, political pressure to stop the appreciation of the real, and the high proportion of portfolio inflows into the financial account.
- Give capitalism a soul. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;05/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p8
Presents the address of the author during the convocation of Rutgers School of Management and Graduate School of Management concerning capitalism. Struggle between Karl Marx's socialism and Adam Smith's market economy; Efficiency of capitalism.
- The minimal politics of market order. Buchanan, James M. // CATO Journal;Fall91, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p215
Points out that an economy organized on market principles minimizes the importance of the political bureaucracy. Relationship between politicization and market organization; Distinction between political pricing and market pricing; Notion of a politically influenced market price.
- The soft infrastructure of a market economy. Niskanen, William A. // CATO Journal;Fall91, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p233
Describes the basic institutions of a market economy. Legal system; Accounting system; Cultural attitudes.
- Property, markets, and money. Bernholz, Peter // CATO Journal;Winter92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p409
Examines economic, political and social structures influencing economic transition of the Soviet Union's economy from a centrally planned economy to a market economy. Financial and monetary conditions in planned economies; Consequences of economic reforms; Measures to ease transition.
- Strategies for restoring financial stability during the transition from plan to market. Dolan, Edwin G. // CATO Journal;Winter92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p425
Investigates the strategies for restoring financial stability during the transition of planned economy to a market economy. Nature and origins of repressed inflation; Impacts of economic reform; Strategies for financial stabilization.