Piper Jaffray's Month of Layoffs, Merging, and Realignment
- Piper Jaffray Grows M&A. Appin, Rick // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the efforts of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray to encourage growth in its mergers and acquisitions practice and technology transactions. Appointment of Thomas Schnettler as Piper Jaffray's co-director of investment banking; Opportunity in the communications and Internet spaces; Factors...
- Will Buyers Nibble On OrthAlliance? Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;03/05/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Speculates on the possible acquirer of the OrthAlliance company. Value of the deal; Decision of the company to retain U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray in advisory capacity; Forecast of equity analyst to the future of the company; Orthodontic Centers of America Inc. as its prospect buyer; Background of...
- Slow start to sluggish year for deals. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p26
With many companies awaiting the outcome of the U.S.-led war in Iraq, merger and acquisition activity in the U.S. continued to decline in the first quarter of 2003. There were 101 M&A transactions involving Illinois companies in the quarter, down from 106 in the year-earlier period. Most...
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Starting Hotel Financing Group. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p32
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s establishment of a hotel financing group. Employees that will be hired by the company; Increase of tax-exempt financing for hotels.
- Piper Leaves Bancorp Nest. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p1
Reports the independent operation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Restructuring of U.S. Bancorp; Importance of the announcement regarding the autonomous operation of the investment banking business; Effectivity of restructuring. INSET: Stone & Youngberg Names Four New VPs.
- Triple-A Scottsdale, Ariz., Goes to Market with GO, Refunding Offerings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p31
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds of general obligation (GO) debt in Scottsdale, Arizona. Amount of the outstanding GO debt; Supervision of the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray on the selling of the GO bond; Bond sales in the city.
- Lightspan Seeks Education in M&A. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the hiring of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray by educational software developer Lightspan Inc. to explore strategic alternatives.
- Piper Jaffray Banker Now Leads Consumer M&A Group. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p4
Announces the appointment of David Jacquin as head of the consumer mergers and acquisitions group of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.