Commission Expects $438M Budget Share
- Statement on House of Representatives Action on the Federal Budget. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/22/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p956
The article presents the statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 18, 2006 on the action of the House of Representatives on the federal budget. The benefits of the Budget Resolution, such as the enforcement of spending discipline, are described.
- Accounting for the Deficit. Baumann, David // National Journal;6/12/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p1850
Reports on the federal spending of the U.S. under the regime of incumbent President George W. Bush. Reason for the financial burden of the nation under the Bush administration; Budget proposals of President Bush during his presidential campaigns; Primary reason for increased government spending...
- Bush called out for his earmarks. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;6/28/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 79, p1
The article reports on the accusation of Democratic and Republican appropriators that U.S. President George W. Bush is pushing for the approval of spending bills full of pet projects. According to a House Appropriations Committee report, out of a total of 321 earmarks, the president requested a...
- Paul Atkins Renominated for Five More Years at SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p4
Reports that the U.S. President George W. Bush has formally nominated as of September 5, 2003 Paul S. Atkins to serve an additional five-year term as a member of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Revelation of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee that it has not scheduled a...
- NO BULLY IN THE PULPIT. Simendinger, Alexis // National Journal;7/13/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p2095
Criticizes the performance of U.S. President George W. Bush as of July 2002. Views of Bush on accounting procedures; Comments of Bush regarding his 1990 sale of Harken Energy stock; Implications of the comments of Bush on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey Pitt.
- Enforcement: The Next Big Wave. Kelly, Matt // Compliance Week;Jun2009, Vol. 6 Issue 65, p6
The article offers the author's opinion on the implementation of a compliance regime by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) for dealing with white collar fraud. He says that after years of soft-pedaling enforcement under the administration of former U.S. president George W.Bush, SEC...
- Statement on Signing the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Hurricane Recovery, 2006. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/19/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p1159
Presents a statement by U.S. President George W. Bush on the signing the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Hurricane Recovery 2006, issued on June 15, 2006. Prohibition stipulated in Sections 1209 and 2202 of the Act; Emergency powers granted...
- Bush, HHS outline budget health care priorities; details expected this week. Brown, Steve // AHA News;2/4/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the budget health care priorities stated in the State of the Union address of United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush in January 2002. Outline of the budget plan; Value of the budget allotted for health care; Remarks from U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson.
- Message to the Congress Giving Notification of Federal Payment for Emergency Planning and Security Costs in the District of Columbia. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/3/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p1473
Presents a speech delivered by U.S. President George W. Bush on September 29, 2005, notifying the Congress of federal payment for emergency planning and security costs in Washington D.C. Amount proposed for public safety expenses.