New York Gov. Pataki Proposes Controversial Debt-Limiting Bill
- Pataki's balancing act. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/28/94, Vol. 33 Issue 48, p1
Looks at George Pataki's victory in the New York gubernatorial elections in 1994. Victory as a reflection of the electorate's frustration with state's economic problems; Pataki's economic plans; Business tax cuts; Potential fund raisers; Possible retaliation against New York City due Mayor...
- Who wins, what's hot now. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/14/94, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on governor-elect George Pataki's plans for New York. Political alliances; Improvement of the state's socio-economic conditions; Political appointees; Advisers.
- Repeal of gross receipts tax `long overdue,' advocates say. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;01/17/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on New York Governor George Pataki's efforts to repeal the gross receipts tax on energy use that has long been blamed for the high of doing business in the state. Gross receipts tax rate as of January 1, 2000; Major impediment to prosperity in New York; Power for Jobs program. INSET:...
- Pataki leaves his mark in Westchester. // Westchester County Business Journal;8/1/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 31, p37
The article evaluates the performances of governor George Pataki in Westchester, New York. Pataki has worked to reform the worker's compensation system, promoted environmentally friendly green building standards, expanded gambling as a solution to the problems of Yonkers Raceway and the...
- A GOVERNOR FOR THE ARTS. // Westchester County Business Journal;03/19/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 12, pS4
Presents an interview with Governor George E. Pataki of New York. Accomplishments in state funding to arts institutions and cultural organizations; Notion on the importance of arts in community life; Role of arts in primary and secondary education; Artistic inclinations of Pataki.
- SEFA Award for SBU. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/4/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 15, p36A
Reports on the presentation of the State Employees Federated Appeal Award to Suny Stony Brook by Governor George Pataki in Long Island, New York.
- George Pataki for governor. // Crain's New York Business;10/28/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p8
Comments on issues regarding the governance of Governor George Pataki in New York City. Failure of Pataki to articulate any real plans for the region; Increase in the amount of spending of the state; Success issues over the dysfunctional budget and legislative system.
- He also has an opening on Feb. 30. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/27/98, Vol. 45 Issue 48, p5A
Announces that New York Governor George Pataki will be in Albany all day on November 24, 1998, with no public schedule.
- Pataki wants (moderate) change for New York State. Reich, Denis // New York Amsterdam News;9/3/94, Vol. 85 Issue 36, p24
Reports on Republican candidate for New York State gubernatorial elections George E. Pataki's plans concerning education, the death penalty, the economy and other issues concerning the state. Support for choice on the abortion issue; Support for death penalty in appropriate situations;...